Jestersix

Need help identifying this coral

I just cannot remember where I got this nor do I remember the name of this species. Anyone have any ideas?

photo%20%284%29.jpg

I'm sure you can find reefers willing to give it to you for free ... I know from experience that these little buggers grow uber quick!!!

A_Lee said:
I'm sure you can find reefers willing to give it to you for free ... I know from experience that these little buggers grow uber quick!!!
+1
the best description I heard of them is 'pretty aptasia'. :D

Euphyllia said:
I've always wanted some of those but I've been to lazy to go buy some... :tired:

I am more than happy to give you some if you like. Let me know. I've got several colonies of these guys that I am willing to give away.

CookieJar said:
A_Lee said:
+1
the best description I heard of them is 'pretty aptasia'. :D

Yeah... if you don't watch them, they can take over an entire section. Luckily, I have them in a section that will not effect other corals.

Nah it's cool. Every now and then I see a brown paly popping on a rock and I try to snip it off with the clippers (I know it's not permanent), and I got the blue palythoas confined to the "My wife won't let me get rid of Fred the toadstool" tank (some of which will soon be a problem of the steinhart aquarium mwuahahahaha) :D

Thinking back on that tank I had though, in some ways the weeds were nice, brown palys ok not so much, but the blue ones, the parazoanthids, those blue clove polyps that grew on coraline bits that were encrusted to the glass, it had a certain oomph to it... that is until I noticed my ricordia and tongan rhodactis were gone...then I accidentally broke that tank and all was good :D

Mike are you saying the little blue polyps (soft coral) is a parazoanthid? The little snowflake ones people like to trade but are highly invasive? If so they aren't even related to Parazoanthus :)

asst-anthelia-blue2.jpg

Picture is from Aquatic Collections where they say it's an anthelia, but it's not that either.

It's Sansibia.

Back