Neptune Aquatics

Neon Yellow Sponge

I have four frags of this bright yellow sponge. This stuff is growing in a couple spots on my rocks and it adds really nice bright color.

3850788582_d88d8504ab.jpg

Must feed food appropriate for filter feeders (I use freeze dried cyclopeeze). It's totally non-photosynthetic. In fact, these pieces grew in my completely dark sump!

Hate to say it, but they physically can not eat somethign as large as CE :) They're most likely eating the bacteria fromt eh break down of it, or any phyto you might have present.

Sun corals don't eat phyto. They like most corals will react to it, but PE alone doesn't equal eating :)

I never thought to actually frag sponges :D
This is what that sponge can/will look like when it grows out. (top left of pic)

I have some sponges similar to that that have been propagating like crazy, while they don't like a lot of light, they seem to prefer a little bit. In my old tank when my lights over hung my overflow a bit they grew all over inside there, my newer tank where there's no light spilling over... not so much.

Yes the Phyto Feast is for the feather worms, gorgonia, a hitcher clam, and sponges in my tank. Sorry the English came out that the sun polyps took it up. It is great stuff by the way!

Richard, you've got it. I'll bring some to the next meeting if you're going.

Would anyone else like to try growing this? Or does anyone need a very tiny sponge to do some very detailed cleaning?

Back