Reef nutrition

Neptune Trident and Ancillary Sales

Not terribly surprising you have a new toy that can monitor alk, calcium and magnesium that items that can be used in conjunction with that to actually allow you to control those parameters, namely dosing containers.

Although looking at the less than stellar reviews of it, they simply may not carry many in stock at all, I would say they'd pass on the item but Neptune obviously pays advertising revenue to them and part of that agreement may be to keep their goods in stock, but who knows.

The DDR has optical sensors installed in the bottom of each container which are supposed to alert you when they are empty. I've read they get covered in salt and fail often though.

2L of water in each side makes it kinda small. And CA gets consumed faster than alk, so pulling the whole unit out to refill each component... Nahhhh

The DDR has optical sensors installed in the bottom of each container which are supposed to alert you when they are empty. I've read they get covered in salt and fail often though.
I browsed through a page of the reviews, all of them bad, and that seems to be the single largest complaint were the sensors.

I don't know if I'd strike a negative for the 2 liter size though, that seems to match up with "industry standard", not everyone is a power user, and they probably figure people will just move on to calcium reactors or it's cost prohibitive to build containers too large (at least what they would charge),

I bet the Trident release also boosted other automated monitors because of the not so smooth release. I ended up with a KH Guardian... although I had to purchase another Apex PM1 module, so technically, it did boost Neptune sales.

Both dos and ddr are still too expensive. I will need 2 dos to get my dosing taken care of. There are options with 4 to 5 dosing heads at lower cost..
I am using BM and its extension for years now. Very reliable. I change heads once a year..
Recently got the GHL doser, been testing it to see its reliability. So far working very nice.

Last edited:
Back