Our mission

New A.G.E. 40"x28"x22" rimless starphire tank

Ordered the tank back in mid January, and received it about two weeks ago. Decided to have Max build my stand, and he gave me a 4 week build time. He really delivered, because when I got to the NCRC swap, it was on display. Here are the pics after bringing it home.
New Stand with an espresso colored stain....built by Aquarium Showroom
IMG_4860.jpg

Almost dead level, I will need to shim the back about an 1/8"
IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

Polished and beveled edges, and nice clean seams
IMG_4871.jpg

Adjustable overflow teeth to control level in tank, in case of wave makers
IMG_4875.jpg

Overhead, will be hanging a 10x39W Powermodule over it.
IMG_4863.jpg

Picked up this sweet frag rack at the swap, Jason really makes a sweet frag rack, nicest I have seen.
IMG_4888.jpg

http://www.frag-a-rack.com/catalog
Will need to order more of these sleek racks.

wow that tank is badass, the picture with the level on it you can't even see the glass, almost looks like the level is floating in thin air!

So that is who's tank he was showing me. It looked pretty sweet when I saw it in the shop. Congrats

Curious about the seams as they almost looked free floating and really thick (That is insead of the traditional bead of silicone wedged in between). Looks very interesting. Liked the acrylic bottom as well.

Chris does some really solid cabinet work. I still can't say enough about the finished product I got.

Thanks Mike, I was really pleased when I saw it the first time, it's really well made....

Bryan, I was very impressed with the seams, I haven't seen any imperfections between the panes, such as any bubbles, or thin spots...whoever silicone's these tanks together is a real craftsman. The tank is actually made with a 1" PVC bottom, and the external overflow is acrylic. The company uses some two part glue to enable strong joints with the dissimilar material....here's my attempt at a macro of the seam..LOL

IMG_4903.jpg

Thanks Adolfo, I'm pretty excited about the whole build

So this is what you were hauling around the day I came to pick up from you... Very nice! :) Look forward to seeing it filled! :D

Thanks everyone, I am sure glad I didnt upgrade anymore, its kind of a pain...LOL...I may not have the confidence to transfer everything over, I am seeing two tanks running here for awhile....anyway, here are some progress pics...
IMG_4965.jpg

My other set up needed another side cabinet to house the electrical and CaRx, but this stand can house it all
Sump cleaned out as well as skimmer. I loaded the CaRx with fresh media, and refilled the CO2 bottle
IMG_4960.jpg

Progress, I love how the natural sunlight hits this tank early in the morning, makes me want MH again, I miss the shimmer
IMG_4984.jpg

one of my favorite corals, Im gonna give him less flow to see if it wants to branch more. Every frag I've given away, has been more branching then mine.
IMG_4985.jpg

Of course that might be because i always break off the branches to give away..LOL

Don't worry too much about the shimmer with halides, the sunlight makes shimmer lines that blows away any shimmer lines I've seen via halides. Especially when you get those rainbow of colors that pop through.

Sunlight ftw for sure, its awesome....
IMG_4990.jpg

thanks for the kind words
I got almost all my corals moved over...but am afraid to hang the light and see what might have taken a hit..LOL
IMG_4991.jpg

Looks like only one of my corals has browned out a little, everything else looks great....now the hardest part, hanging that heavy light solo
IMG_5008.jpg

Back