Neptune Aquatics

New Aquarium

Finally moved the livestock from my 15g into my new 20g:
4956116288_7f6412473d_z.jpg

bluevoodoo said:
What do you mean by surface slick?

Yesterday after I moved tanks I had a nice layer of surface gunk. I have no overflow, or skimmer on this tank, so I'd imagine a bunch of detritus, aminos, and other organic garbage decided to get together on the surface of my aquarium water.
I but a small air pump on my tank, and got rid of that problem :)

zepplock said:
looking very nice

Thanks Vlad :) I am thinking of putting a little 5g ADA tank right next to it ... for a freshwater system. haha! :D

Yeah, I'm thinking of a small system myself. I want to make a zoa garden, no skimmer, low light, low flow. Maybe 5g cube of some sort.

r0ck0 said:
Very nice. Close up pics? How did you get rid of the surface slick?

I will get some closer shots for you in a little bit -just need to finish up some things first :)
I ended up using an air pump in my tank to have bubbles break the surface of my water; so far so good!

I am not sure how to embed videos on this forum:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ant_l/4959254330/

Edit// dead link now ... I am working on an HD version now :)

the37thchamber said:
Cool lighting..... Can you send me pics and stats on the lights? I would like to copy that mod if it's ok with you?

Hey Chamber,
This is the link to the light:
http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php?cPath=74&products_id=623&osCsid=qp8vgu91h4vup5187jqgqkm520
According to that link they may be out of the 12k's at the moment, you would need to check.

Looking good Anthony. If you find the extra light rail too distracting or bump your head on it we can chop it off cleanly.

What'd you end up using to secure the rail to the conduit?

Hey Matt, thanks for all of the help!
Actually, I know the light rail isn't exactly even with he conduit, but I wanted to leave some extra railing because I thought maybe if I wanted to ad another lamp, I could easily do so. I really want a third lamp :(

I just used some cable ties I found lying around the house, because they are smooth, and not so abrasive as to scratch the paint on the conduit!

Back