Neptune Aquatics

New Red Sea Reefer 350 Questions

I had my 350 delivered yesterday and noticed that when the tank is aligned on the stand, the front and back panels both overhang the stand rather than rest on a surface. This kind of makes me uneasy, but is it a normal thing? I took a couple pictures to show what I mean.
Here it is

Same with RSR250. Fill'er up. Make the back glass flush with the back of the stand. The doors will then close flush with the front glass.

Have patience with the doors. The hinges are fully adjustable. There are videos online on how to adjust cabinet hinges, which these are. I'll see if I can find the video that helped me the most and post here.

I didn't bookmark the exact vid that made this 1st-time task for me easy. But here's a starting point: https://www.google.com/search?q=cabinet+door+adjustment&tbm=vid One thing I do remember is starting over following exactly the instructions the Red Sea provided on hanging the doors; that improved the alignment a lot; then I tuned using the adjustment screws.

Last edited:
This freaked me out at first when I received my Reefer 450. The front glass is supposed to overhang the cabinet doors. Here’s mine:
63dd0d17d9f26cf0e2c05628c7a5ad35.jpg

I would contact Red Sea , I’ve had a red sea and never seen tank extend line this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So yours didn’t hang over? I’ve never had a rsr but I’ve seen a few people post about this same thing. I thought they were all this way.

I had it setup but never really paid attention to the edge in the back. Plus I only had tank for a week. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it’s appreciated! I’m glad to be part of this group.

Now I just need Black Friday to get here so I can get the rest of the gear I need to get up and running.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it’s appreciated! I’m glad to be part of this group.

Now I just need Black Friday to get here so I can get the rest of the gear I need to get up and running.

What kind of gear are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of gear are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simply: almost everything haha I received lights, skimmer and the sump setup with my delivery but that’s all I have so far since this is my first venture. I think I’ll get the Wav power heads since I’m planning to get the Apex system as I go along, but I’m still looking at different heaters and return pump options.

Think about that pump purchase a bit more, and don't go in with the Apple mentality of "Well I have one of their products, might as well get another". There are a lot of pumps out there, and the reality is they really don't need to be controlled by some master controller like the Apex, some of them can, but unless you really want to get very specific about a wave pattern you do, just not worth the it. Not to say those pumps aren't good pumps, I really have no experience with them, but it's kind of like wanting your lights to be Apex controlled when the lights already have a controller that controls the settings.

Think about that pump purchase a bit more, and don't go in with the Apple mentality of "Well I have one of their products, might as well get another". There are a lot of pumps out there, and the reality is they really don't need to be controlled by some master controller like the Apex, some of them can, but unless you really want to get very specific about a wave pattern you do, just not worth the it. Not to say those pumps aren't good pumps, I really have no experience with them, but it's kind of like wanting your lights to be Apex controlled when the lights already have a controller that controls the settings.

I've barely looked at the pumps so far and by no means sold on any of them. The store I bought my tank from said they use an eflux on their display, but I didn't really get more than, "This is what we use, it's a good pump." so I still have a fair bit of research to do.

As far as power heads, I was looking at the Ecotech Vortech originally but they're about doubled the cost of Wav if I remember and I've probably doubled my budget already haha

Just get one of these and you’ll be set.

Only 13,000 gph and a 20m cord is special order? Preposterous, I need longer than that. Perhaps if I buy two of them I can wire those cords together, definitely worth the investment.

Back