Kessil

New Red Sea Reefer S-1000 Display

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
Out with the olds….

950DF4EC-7DE3-4D91-9A67-CF7D9A31471D.jpeg

I checked it out today. It is well built, but for the price, would still go CDA and stand through Neptune (mostly because I like building and customizing myself). It seems like they are basically trying to copy that. The 8020 stand is pretty cool and it is clear they used high quality hardware all around.

Last edited:
Damn never new they had a 1000 series, I thought the 900 was the largest one they had
I think the 900 total water volume is 240 gallons and the 1000 is 210 gallons. The 1000 has a wider display by a few inches.

I could be totally wrong though, so please correct if so.

It seems like an awesome tank and I especially like how they paid attention to user feedback and fixed all the reported problems with the original Reefer series.

The number they give for each tank is the total volume (including sump) in liters, makes it easier to think about.

It seems like an awesome tank and I especially like how they paid attention to user feedback and fixed all the reported problems with the original Reefer series.

The number they give for each tank is the total volume (including sump) in liters, makes it easier to think about.

Yeah, RS has come a long way by listening to customers. They also implement changes at breakneck speed too and for a company their size, that’s a pretty impressive feat. That’s why I wholeheartedly supports them over Waterbox.

Back