Cali Kid Corals

New Rimless Tank

Hi all,

I just settle down in US and got a rimless tank.
Everything set up and I would like to say thanks for the people that helps me, like bluetang_2000 and my wife.
He give me lots of advice and she help me to build up the rock until 2a.m.
I am basically keeping Soft Coral, LPS. I love the dynamic and energetic in the tank.
This is the first time that keeping large coral tank. I have keep salt-water fish for 5 years and a 8-gallons-nano-tank for soft coral for 2 years in Hong Kong

Here are my equipments
Rimless tank 36"W x 24"D x 24"H made by glasscages
Outer Orbits 36" T5 + HQI combo
BM-160 Skimmer from Bubble-Magus
Tunze 6025 and 6045 for water flow
2 x 150W Heater and Ocean Runner for return pump

I have added some Coral, just to share my pic here

Nice looking tank.

One comment, how old is that Chevron tang? It looks like there might be a little infection around the mouth, which typically turns into bad news for bristletoothed tangs as that's how they eat by scraping at the rocks.

Thanks everyone.
I just double checked the Chevron Tang mouth.
It looks OK and the pic that i take just showing the teeth... should be no infection.
The photo is a little wash out, the body color of it should be deeper.
I also very concern about its health since it is the first fish that put in the tank
I know maybe I am too crazy but i love it so much, especially when I saw him eating in the aquarium tank.
Again, broke the simple rule in keeping aquarium, patience... patience and patience :p

While it may speed it up, that won't stop his tank going through a harsh cycle which could harm and at the very least, stress out his livestock.

Did you guys test ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates? If you did you won't have to hope that it is cycled or not, you will know for sure.

Are you happy with the quality of the tank? I am considering getting a tank from them as well. What is the gallon capacity is yours?

First of all,
Thanks for everyone showing care about my tank.
I did test the ammonia, NO2 and NO3. All go down to zero. All the live rock is cycled before putting in the tank.
Actually some of the rock is taken form bluetang_2000's tank. Thanks for his sharing again.
Anyway, everything should go fine.

For Reefdad,
Sorry for late reply due to heavy workload.
I have order the tank from glasscages.com and ask them send it directly to my home. (my tank is around 90 gallons)
Of course, they charge you additional shipping cost but I just avoid shipping damage by myself.
I got some unhappy experience but I can say basically the are responsible company.
If you want to know the detail, you can PM me.
For quality, they are OK. The stand is not that good honestly and I have to refine it by myself.
p.s. I am a designer so that I need fine detail and finishing, maybe i am little bit picky.

Welcome to the U.S. and the club! That is a nice little Chevron tang you have. I haven't seen one since I left Hawaii. :)

Back