Our mission

New to BAR and 8 gallon nano setup

Hello, this is my first post on BAR.

This is not my first reef tank, about two years ago I had a 30 gallon innovative marine nuvo tank, however when I graduated high school and left for college I sadly sold it. Thankfully I could not stay away from the hobby very long and recently purchased a "jbj 8 gallon flat pannel" aquarium. I have the stock light (which I plan on upgrading to an AI Prime in a few months) and it has an in tank filter. In the filter I have poly filter, and chemi pure blue. I have 12 lbs of live rock and 10 lbs of live sand. The tank has been running for a few weeks and is now fully cycled.
IMG_3154.JPG

This is the tank when I first set it up

Livestock at the moment:
Black and white ocellaris clown
Torch Coral, 1 head
Hammer Coral, 1 head
Duncan, 1 head
Orange Mushroom
Red Acan, 1 head w/ 2 growing
Green Favia
Unknown Zoanthid, 1 polyp
Unkown Leather Coral
IMG_3204.JPG
IMG_3200.JPG
IMG_3206.JPG
IMG_3209.JPG
IMG_3210.JPG
IMG_3195.JPG
IMG_3215.JPG

I just added the hammer yesterday and it hasn't opened yet, everything else seems to be doing good though.

Just a quick update on the tank. Everything is looking good and seems to be growing good.
IMG_3243.JPG
IMG_3245.JPG

The hammer did open up a bit, not sure if this is as big as it will open or if its still a bit retracted(was fragged off a colony about a week ago)
IMG_3247.JPG

The heads are getting bigger on the acan
IMG_3251.JPG

Still not sure what kind of leather this is but its polyps have came out.

I still want to add a toadstool, green nepthea and some other cool zoas so if anybody can help me out it would be much appreciated.

I have an RBTA for sale/trade thats pretty small, I'm looking for either LPS or softies. If you are interested feel free to text me at (510)709-9269
IMG_3287.JPG
IMG_3289.JPG

IMG_3293 copy.JPG
IMG_3282 copy.JPG
IMG_3299.JPG

I purchased a second clownfish and added some more corals, the tank is coming along nicely. I also got a new light, it's a Orbit Marine LED, I've had it for about 2 weeks now and everything seems to love it. As for the maintenance I do a 2 gallon water change weekly and have not seen any algae blooms yet.

Back