Kessil

New to BAR

Hi guys im new to this forum and im not sure if this is where im supposed to post this but i'd like to swap some zoas to grow my collection a bit. I'm located in the bay area (Daly City) and this is what i have!

Resized_20200405_183422_104915919922112.jpeg

Nice frags! I’d love to swap some zoas or other pieces after things are less crazy. I’d love to see your setup, maybe do a tank journal? Welcome to BAR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This new member was posting the sale in the R2R BAR thread. I had suggested that they try over here on the BAR site. Then I noticed that when they posted this in the welcome area someone (sounds like Mike) moved in to BST. I don’t see the harm in letting this sale go once for newcomers trying out the club.

But the problem now is that the new member can’t even see this thread, so is probably pretty confused about what happened.

This new member was posting the sale in the R2R BAR thread. I had suggested that they try over here on the BAR site. Then I noticed that when they posted this in the welcome area someone (sounds like Mike) moved in to BST. I don’t see the harm in letting this sale go once for newcomers trying out the club.

But the problem now is that the new member can’t even see this thread, so is probably pretty confused about what happened.
He was notified

So what is the suggested new policy?

Mike, I don’t have a new policy proposal, I’m just trying to add some information that helps us (hopefully including the new member) understand what happened, since it was confusing. I’d also like us to be as welcoming as possible to new members within the limits of our rules.

Hi everyone thank you for all the warm greetings!
I'm sorry I may caused some problems by posting my sale/trade in the wrong spot. I should have read the terms but was excited that bay area has its own forum(so cool) so I just posted without second guessing. I will be upgrading my account to support this forum in the near future! Once again apologies for any trouble/confusion i may have caused.
Thank you everyone!
~Hamada

I'm sorry I may caused some problems by posting my sale/trade in the wrong spot. I should have read the terms but was excited that bay area has its own forum(so cool) so I just posted without second guessing. I will be upgrading my account to support this forum in the near future! Once again apologies for any trouble/confusion i may have caused.
Thank you everyone!
~Hamada
No worries, we are happy to have you.
I just try to apply the rules equally to everyone so nobody can complain (which has happened a few times over the years)

Thank you everyone!
~Hamada
Welcome to the group! If you do join, you will have some additional benefits, suchas our frag swaps, private tours at Steinhart, Monterey Bay, clinics, speakers, etc.

Back