Jestersix

New webcam angle

Nice, I envy your ability to see real-time tank conditions- clowns swimming and all. If you point it towards the rocks to eliminate the mirror affect, does it get distorted?

CookieJar said:
Nice, I envy your ability to see real-time tank conditions- clowns swimming and all. If you point it towards the rocks to eliminate the mirror affect, does it get distorted?

I had it pointed at the front to get that weird symmetrical look with the mirror. Normally I have it pointed down the side like it is now. (check now) :)

There used to be one of those at Ocean Treasures in the little cube. It was like an inch but they guy that worked there said that they get huge.

How do you set up a live camera on your tank? I'd love to do something like that! Do you have to pay to broadcast it? Do you just hook up a webcam to the computer and aim it at your tank? :quest:

That talbot is a fast grower, very nice colors. I have comcast cable, the camera is a trendnet 410 ip cam with built in server. The reeftronics page is just a hobbyist run site that lets people have their tank status and webcams posted.

I keep wanting to get a webcam pointed at my tank, however the only feasible way to get one there is if I can hook it up to a router directly as opposed to a USB port, also since that is the laundry room as well I don't want people see me streaking by trying to get clean underwear or something :D

Huh that's really cool. I've been using iCam on my iphone to look at mine but its really slow unless you use wifi. This site looks pretty handy!

Back