New website up, looking for feedback from my BAR family.

Discussion in 'Fish Doctor' started by fishdoctor, Jan 25, 2018.

1. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Looks good! My brain has a hard time reading all capital letters, but thats just me? I would add a "call to action" link/button on the services page. Something like "Book a free/no obligation tank service consultation"
    Cheers! Mark

fishdoctor likes this.
  2. fishdoctor

fishdoctor Sponsor Staff Member

Mark,
    Great suggestions thank you.
    I appreciate your support
    Have a great weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Chromis

Chromis Supporting Member

On your Services page, “Exchange Decorative Corals” service might need more description. Are you saying that you’ll clean the decorative corals or exchange them with clean versions? Or exchange them with real corals? Or keep the fish from getting bored by providing different decorations on each visit :)

fishdoctor likes this.
  4. Chromis

It’s clear 4-pack ICP is $95 but what is Qty for the $55 ICP analysis? Maybe you should call both a “kit” since you are not providing the analysis, just the kit to do so?[​IMG]

fishdoctor likes this.
  5. Chromis

Really nice how you list a detailed description of how many capsules to treat so many gallons... but what is the capsule count you get for $25 pack, so a person call figure out how many to buy? [​IMG]

fishdoctor likes this.
  6. Chromis

So, what are you guaranteeing as a result of quarantining? Are you saying fish will not have ich and corals will not have flatworms or nudibranches...?

fishdoctor likes this.
  7. fishdoctor

Great question. 10 capsules for $25
    I will revise the details.
    Thanks

8. fishdoctor

I am quarantining all wild caught fish for 60+ days average is 90 days. I treat all incoming wild caught fish that will tolerate it with copper for six weeks and during that period of time evaluate for bacterial or other health issues and if observed isolate and treat individual fish in separate tanks. I have 56 W of UV on a 250 gallon QT system that I use after I've run the copper for six weeks and verified no parasites. I have 125 watt UV on my main 500 gallon clean fish system, this runs at all times on a bypass loop. Captive bred fish from ORA can go directly into my clean system, with extremely careful observation the first three weeks.
    I do QT corals as well and dip them as necessary as they come in and place them in a dedicated holding tank before moving them into clients tanks or offering for sale I will dip the frag's and corals. I cannot guarantee anything is pest free but I do take every precaution possible to prevent pests and disease from being sold, or placed myself into healthy aquariums I maintain.
    I will post a quarantine information page on my website at some point detailing my extensive procedures and timeline for quarantine.
    Thanks for asking I really appreciate it and at least I know some people care enough about the fish to QT properly.
    Happy reefing and have a great weekend.

JVU, Chromis, Kim Pattison and 2 others like this.
  9. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

Your procedures for qt are more extensive than my own but I think I may still ttm just because it’s become ingrained in me. Do you find most of your customers trust your efforts?

fishdoctor likes this.
  10. capescuba

capescuba Supporting Member

I read "10 pack blister card" and thought it was pretty clear ... But perhaps the "What am I actually getting" section ($25 / 10 Pack) should be front and center as it is a little buried ... TL;DR??

fishdoctor likes this.
  11. fishdoctor

Thanks for asking yes absolutely my customers trust my methods I've been doing this for 15 years professionally and of course I have ups and downs with animals just like everyone else.
    Since people pay me to do the very best and this is how I make my living, I put procedures in place so I don't crash tanks or sell sick animals. I've also treated animals from people who purchased them elsewhere locally without quarantine on numerous occasions and saved individual fish and in a case or two whole tank of fish from bacterial and parasitic infections.
    I have to dig out pictures my most recent rescue of a yellow tang.
    It had a horrible bacterial infection eating his fins, and with six weeks of treatment in antibiotics, the fish was going home and in perfect condition.
    This is for someone who had a new reef aquarium installed and all the fish added to the aquarium in the first month by another service company. Guess what? it didn't work out so well they didn't diagnose the bacterial problem properly or offer to remove the sick fish for treatment, they just wanted to let the customer watch it die. Apparently it's too time consuming and expensive to treat fish, even for professionals who make a living off of keeping them in the best condition and alive. Doh. So yes this is what I do, and even if I lose a few fish despite my best effort's my customers trust me and my process exclusively if they're working with me. I'd rather focus on conservation efforts and miss out on selling some fish than to make money off sick or possibly sick fish.
    I know it's weird I have a conscience. lol
    Happy reefing and have a great weekend.

Kim Pattison likes this.
  12. fishdoctor

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Yellow tang with bacterial infection, isolated and treated for 6 weeks with Furan 2 and fed Nori daily along with regular frozen LRS foods.
    Don't have a picture of the tank recently with the tang in it but I will update this thread when I see the customer again.
    Happy reefing all.

JVU, Kim Pattison and jorahx4 like this.