Jestersix

Nothing better...

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
Than starting off your week with $6000+ worth of tools gone.

20210920_083729.jpg

Just one tool and an accessory for that tool. Funny thing is they left one of the batteries and the charger. They also left thier flashlight. Hopefully the cops can get something off of that.

These crimes wouldn’t happen if the thieves thought the police were going to make even the most basic effort to catch them when they resell it

It's the "law abiding" citizens that are now getting the short end of the stick. John as you mention the criminals know that the police are not going to put much efforts into this and it's a slap on the wrist if they get caught. Vehicle break in, we pay through higher insurance, uninsured motorist, we pay by higher insurance prices and deductibles.

I know the feeling man, it’s definitely the worst way to start a week and I hope the worst for whatever dirtbag did that to you. Worst part is when it’s specialty tools like this stolen it’s probably a tradesman(former) since they know the value sigh…..

Just chiming in here with a bit of experience. Even with GPS trackers, the cops won't do anything except stand on the street to "protect" you while you go knock on the door and ask if you can have them back.

Most insurance policies for these kinds of setups are prohibitively expensive for an individual, and only really make sense as a large corporation.

These tools often end up at the San Jose flea market, and you have a chance at buying it back at a low cost.

I am really sorry that happened.

Almost like they knew which was the tool to take.

And yeah, I've got nothing against the police but they really do fuckall with trying to follow up on crime. It's like go to the huge regular flea markets, people are selling thousands of boxes of stuff that have been shoplifted, many with tags of the store still on the box, can't do anything about that? Hell when my catalytic converter got snatched midway through pandemic lockdown, I knew there was no chance to get it back or find who did it and really all I wanted with some assurance from police in some way but I call them up "Yeah you can file an online report, we don't need to come out" like seriously too busy for that?

I can almost guarantee that they *WILL* return to your location in a month or two or three....knowing that you will have the same stuff to grab again.

I suggest if you park outside bring your tools in EVERY night. I know its a pain in the ass but your better off bringing in your tools and leaving your boxes unlocked.

Unless you have those heavy steel bars that cover the whole length of the truck boxes and lock with another heavy duty padlock. Even those can be breached within minutes though.

Before I got a cushy City job, I worked for an employer who offered me to take the work truck home but ONLY if I took all the tools out daily, which I was too lazy to do every day so I just came into the shop and got the truck since I had to go there daily for material and other people working with me....Plus parking a large bucket truck in my driveway is not really what I want the front of my home to look like.

Sorry for your loss, hope its covered.

Back