got ethical husbandry?

Nuvo 20 stocking question

I currently have:
1 yellow wrasse
1orange spotted goby
2x Mocha Clowns

Would I be able to add a Mandarin goby and be ok from a stocking perspective?

Or would it be too crowded?

Too crowded, IMO. I like to give those fish some swimming space. It's like living in a studio apartment with 4 kids.

That said, some people can manage to pull it off with diligent maintenance and care. But I would find it stressful.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What yellow wrasse? I would think you'd have a tough time keeping one fed, and possibly the clowns could bully it. I would not recommend it.

THe problem with the Mandarin in that tank isn't so much a crowding or a swimming issue. The mandarin doesn't compete with the other fish for food and it doesn't need "space" in the water column to swim. The problem is that it will strip a 20 gallon tank of pods very quickly. People underestimate how many pods these guys eat and how quickly they can decimate their food supply.

I have a yellow coris wrasse that I see hunting for pods as well currently in my tank.

Do you think with a tank raised one it could live off of the LRS Reef Frenzy I feed?

Not sure I'm committed to spending $20+a month on pods alone so I guess that rules it out :(

I have a yellow coris wrasse that I see hunting for pods as well currently in my tank.

Do you think with a tank raised one it could live off of the LRS Reef Frenzy I feed?

Not sure I'm committed to spending $20+a month on pods alone so I guess that rules it out :(

Tank raised Biota Mandarins have a better chance, but they are only sold in pairs.

Back