Reef nutrition

Oh No!!! Tank is leaking...Red Sea 425XL

Can't believe it, but it's happening. Luckily I was at home today.

How it happened? My head of my Protein Skimmer tapped the plastic pipe, then water started leaking out. Bad part is, it looks like it is leaking where the bottom of the overflow connects to the pipe. :-(

Not sure if you can see it, but not good[emoji24]
c68773677b6e5ff63f00954e5a8f1f70.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like it is leaking here also, everything in that section looks good though..not sure why it's leaking

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
97413d129c6f341759e30224bcf09944.jpg

Thanks Bruce, I was able to contact Red Sea and spoke to support. They walked me through some troubleshooting steps. It seems like I need a new pipe.

Possible Failures:
  • Possible O-Ring Deterioration
  • Possible microfracture in the pipe that I can't see.
Ordered a new Pipe and O-ring, should arrive by the end of next week.

It all started when I bumped the pipe with my protein skimmer Cup, removed for cleaning. Maybe some residue was holding it together, and the bump knocked off some debris and caused the leak.

The Second leak was just me being nervous, didn't tighten it enough. I was worried if I tighten too much something else would break. Guess I didn't tighten it enough so it leaked. I'll keep an eye on things but to be perfectly honest....This Stuff Freaks me out. I'm imagining scenarios in my head of the leak getting bigger.

The Second leak was just me being nervous, didn't tighten it enough. I was worried if I tighten too much something else would break. Guess I didn't tighten it enough so it leaked. I'll keep an eye on things but to be perfectly honest....This Stuff Freaks me out. I'm imagining scenarios in my head of the leak getting bigger.

Well lucky you didn’t over tighten, I snapped one of my pipes when I setup my 350. I was so angry at myself because at that moment, I had to stop and couldn’t do anything until I received a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back