Neptune Aquatics

ORA Borealis

kinetic

Supporting Member
I can make one frag of an ORA Borealis. It's not colored up completely yet, it got quite a dose of povidone by accident when I moved it out of my QT tank to the display. But has a pretty awesome look. Picture below is not mine (camera in shop) but minus the really ridiculous intense blue enhancements:

Oceans+Reefs+and+Aquariums+aquacultured+Borealis+$89.99.jpg

I think DurTBear posted a picture of this at some point ;)

Rules:
  • BAR Member
  • Post a good BBQ recipe here
  • At some point return a frag if I lose it (knock on wood)
    No trades with this piece until you've DBTC'd two
    Have a tank journal
    Have a few SPS already that are doing well

It seems to me very similar to the Roscoe, but I am not sure. At least color wise is similar. Also they have Joe the "whatever" that looks also similar.

I've never seen a Roscoe in person, but Joe the Coral I have. Joe the Coral is lighter in color and not as dark, also has less color towards the base rather than the corralites. I'll have to go buy a Joe the Coral to compare I think ;) and a Roscoe ;)

kinetic said:
I've never seen a Roscoe in person, but Joe the Coral I have. Joe the Coral is lighter in color and not as dark, also has less color towards the base rather than the corralites. I'll have to go buy a Joe the Coral to compare I think ;) and a Roscoe ;)
I got the Roscoe .... so you can get a frag and compare. :)

Here is a BBQ recipe. Simple and tastey:

5 tbsp of fish sauce
2 Tbsp of honey and chopped green onion
3 tsp of sugar
2 tsp of chopped garlic
some pepper
and 1 lb of pork loin
Marinate for about 15 minutes
serve with rice noddles or white rice and some greeens....yummy.

How about that!

By the way great looking coral.

John aka Bula

Radiolunatic said:
kinetic said:
I got the Roscoe .... so you can get a frag and compare. :)

Sounds good, I'll prepare a frag of this one for you too if you'd like.

Bula: you get a frag for the BBQ recipe =)

JAR: I'll make a frag for you too, but it might be a small one.

So I'll make a total of 3 frags. I'm going to cut them tomorrow and let them heal up. Can you guys pickup or meetup in 2 weeks? I'm not sure where you're located JAR, but Bula and Roy are super close by.

BTW: JAR if you want a frag send over a bbq recipe ;)

BBQ recipe Oops!

BBQ planked salmon
You need a wood plank big enough for the fillet of salmon. Use Cedar, Alder, Maple or any fruit wood. You can get the plank at the lumber yard, cut your own tree or at Williams Sonoma.
(I used a big cedar shingle one time and it was very good)
I like alder or cherry.
Soak the plank in water for 20-30 minutes.

Rub the fillet with olive oil.
Then calico fish rub.
http://www.worldspice.com/blends/0331calicofishrub.shtml
Or other fish rub that looks good to you.
Cook at 400 or more in the BBQ for around 10 minutes.( depends on the filet, don't overcook fish!)
Toss the fish and eat the plank(just kidding) :D
This method gives a smokey flavor to the fish and keeps it moist and tender.
Your gonna love it!
Usually you can use the plank a few times but you may want to make sure it isn't smoldering or it will burn up in your bbq.
Enjoy. :)

BTW where do you live?

OK sorry for the delay, things have browned out a bit in my tank unfortunately. All my water params are in order (I have like 3 different brand new tests for almost every param now), so it's probably my old lamps.

Let me get these suckers colored up again with a new lighting solution and I'll start passing them out ;)

Back