Reef nutrition

Orange/gold LPS, anyone have photos of theirs under more daylight colors?

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
So I'm trying to gather interesting LPS that show up well under more 14k lighting vs. the ultra blue that I see online and in stores often. (Mainly because my light is old and needs lots of white to boost the PAR).

I know that orange cycloseris/fungia retain their color well, but I haven't been able to find a gold/orange euphyllia that keeps its strong orange coloration in more daylight lighting. Grabbed what looked like a more gold/rose colored tank-raised hammer at Cali Kid on Saturday (this is it next to @IOnceWasLegend's hammer). Right is more standard green frogspawn and left is the Todd's torch from Kenny at High Tide. (Ignore my dino/cyano bloom :( )
20220808_114217.jpg

I did see a nice orange octospawn there as well as what was called the "holy grail" hammer that was gold tips with greenish tentacle base. But wanted to make sure if I grabbed one, it wouldn't look greenish or just brown under my lighting! Can anyone post photos of their LPS under white vs. more 20K+ lighting? Thanks.

This is awesome, thanks @IOnceWasLegend ! Looks like greens carry over well from 10k through 20k. The gold torches you have seem to hold the gold as well under different lighting especially the green tipped ones! Which are the two corals below the frogspawn (left one on the disc and right one that looks like a hammer?)
Pretty sure I know which ones you were saying, but just in case:

The one in red is a Lucky Corals holy grail torch, the one in yellow is a gold hammer (I think this was a wall hammer, and is much oranger than the other hammers I've seen, but was sold to me as a gold hammer), and the one in orange is a hellfire torch I got from @H2OPlayar here.
1660078277546.png

Yeah, didn't realize the little jerk was there until after I'd uploaded the photos.
I think its a trait in the fish. Mine does the exact same thing anytime I want to take a photo, doesn't matter if I'm trying to take a picture of something in the back, he's squeezing in.

Back