Jestersix

Papaya/Hypnotic Cloves

I have 2 maybe 3 small frags available. Standard DBTC rules. Must give back 2 to DBTC before selling/trading. If I loose my colony please give back first available frag. Pick up in SSF or FC (during working hours). Pic of the original colony from Joe/Karson at Aquatic Collection.

I placed the frag on a rock, but found the frag disk had fallen this morning and mysteriously, the cloves were not attached to the disc anymore. There was a small clump of the clove next to it, so I re-attached it to the disk. I checked a couple hours later, the polyps had opened up and was happy. Checked again a couple hours later, the small clump of the cloves had disappeared from the disk. Searched all over the tank substrate but could not find it.

This really bums me out, being my first DBTC. Up until now, I have not had any casualties of softies, zoas, LPS, or SPS die in my tank.

Sometimes it just happens, try pointing a power head behind the rocks and in between, see if it blows around the tank; Ive found one or two detached frags that way.

How big do these guys grow? They seem to be thriving. The original frag of three or four polyps has grown into a nice small clump...but they are smaller than the sympodium from anathma. Do they stay this small? If so I'm going to need to move them closer up front.

-Gregory

Back