Cali Kid Corals

People with screens over their tank... how do you fish cords through?

And if you only have Vortech pumps in your tank and have no cords well good for you :p But that's not me, I have one cord in the tank.

Thought about cutting a piece of screen and just pulling the cord through the hole but then that because very problematic when I need to remove the lid. Is the only real option to make a little U shaped "detour" with the perimeter of the screen? I gotta imagine that really screws with the stiffness of it.

I dremelled a "U" out of the aluminum frame to pass the cord through and then siliconed the inside where the inside of the tube was exposed. It didn't seem to affect the stiffness of the frame but I was careful to only dremel what I needed and not any more...

I built my own screen and made it short by 1”. Not the perfect scenario but it’s worked well and I have not lost any fish since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I agree with cutting a small section. I’m on the “ I’ll do that later ship”. I still haven’t done it so the cord hold up the edge of the screen a tiny bit

I made my screen short by couple of inches and added a piece of clear acrylic on top of tank and drilled holes/cutting through the acrylic for cords

IMG_20190821_151421410.jpg
I made a diy cover too and used the plastic IM clips to hold it. Gives enough room for cables

Back