High Tide Aquatics

Phisphood's 20 gallon long DIY rig...

20L tank.

This isn't so much of a first post as a way to make sure I update this thread tonight. Finishing lots of DIY projects all in one day, fun fun!

Ya so things didn't work out....tank is on a temp stand for now while I build a better one for it. Minimal equip running right now (2x pumps, 4x24W t5's and heater. Overflow isn't even working now. I wouldn't post pics but I'm sure Lyn is wondering how her babies (DBTC). Pics in the following posts.

DSC_0912.JPG

DSC_0914.JPG

DSC_0915.JPG

DSC_0916.JPG
DBTC yellow leather from Lyn :)
DSC_0918.JPG.html
ditto but green polyped leather
DSC_0922.JPG
FTS FTL

albums avail @: http://jourosis.pixi.me/v/aquarium/090319/

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=6449.msg90599#msg90599 date=1237533151]
Ya so things didn't work out....tank is on a temp stand for now while I build a better one for it. Minimal equip running right now (2x pumps, 4x24W t5's and heater. Overflow isn't even working now. I wouldn't post pics but I'm sure Lyn is wondering how her babies (DBTC). Pics in the following posts.
[/quote]

LOL ;D How did you know I was thinking that? ;D

It's a great 20 long Mitch! And I see the babies I gave you! :D :D

What is that white pipe? What happened to the angel you set this up for in the first place?

Heh, oops forgot to remove the pipe. It was the gravity return from a remote fuge that was taken down. This is now one of 2 20L tanks. The angel was moved into the other 20L but for some reason would not adjust to the new environment and kept ramming the glass till she(it?) hurt itself enough that I brought it back to a store.

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=6449.msg90609#msg90609 date=1237534599]
Heh, oops forgot to remove the pipe. It was the gravity return from a remote fuge that was taken down. This is now one of 2 20L tanks. The angel was moved into the other 20L but for some reason would not adjust to the new environment and kept ramming the glass till she(it?) hurt itself enough that I brought it back to a store.
[/quote]

Hehe, soooo, now you have 3 tanks? I'm not the only one with MTS! Although I am by far one of the worst cases. ;D

Poor Angel... Hope it found a nice home...

BTW, that "yellow" Sarcophyton will develop a yellow skin as it gets larger, and with enough light. It will stay tan and keep growing, then one day, you'll look at it and say, "hey, that looks kind of yellow..." At least that is how it happened for me. At first, I thought I got ripped off because it wasn't yellow out of the box, nor did it color up right away until it hit about 3-4 inches. :D

I remember you saying that about the sarco. And I hope so too about the angel. However, sorry to disappoint, I'm being good about having MTS :) I only have the 2x20L tanks now. I sold the 24g to Beau and waiting on his unveiling of it. He and Matt were working on a project for that tank.

Oh, ok...I guess you're off the hook for MTS..for now. ;) But I really thought you had another larger tank? Hmmm...must be getting you mixed up with someone else...My senility is kicking in again. ;D

Wooohooo....pics up tomorrow but I got my stand mostly finished and the tank transferred. A little reaquascaping and now all I have to do now do is re-epoxy my frags onto the rockwork. Again, pics tomorrow- the gf's parents are here and taking up waaay too much time :/ Ah, the sacrifices....

Ok, pics are up now.
Previous layout
DSC_0922.JPG

The color my stain/clear coat came out on my stand
DSC_0928.JPG

View from the end (sorry it's actinics only so WB is really off for the rest of the pics)
DSC_0935.JPG

FTS- definitely have to sand/stain my canopy now :/
DSC_0947.JPG

Right side closer up
DSC_0951.JPG

Left side a little closer. That's a brain in the middle on the sand bed btw, not a random rock :)
DSC_0953.JPG

Let me know how you guys like the re-scaping. Now just gotta work on the canopy and then work on the water flow.

Looks great Mitch! Even your clowns have blue bands. LOL :bigsmile:

Seriously though, the tank looks much bigger than a 20L. I love the little ledge for the shrimp, but probably not as much as the shrimp does! :D

Some better pics:
One of the DBTC leathers and some out of focus clove? polyps
DSC_0974.JPG

My center piece
DSC_0977.JPG

My zoa frags
DSC_0993.JPG

DSC_0994.JPG

Under Actinics:
DSC_0013.JPG

Goniopora frag from Neptune
DSC_0996.JPG

Orange crush turning green on the edges??
DSC_1000.JPG

Frag I picked up from Will @ LGF awhile ago
DSC_1001.JPG

Duncan babies
DSC_0003.JPG

Green bubble rescue under actinics:
DSC_0021.JPG

Green polyp DBTC leather under regular/actinics
DSC_0980.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

Annnd future frogspawn DBTC's....unless someone has a pico right now ;)
DSC_0004.JPG

Your out-of-focus "clove" polyps kinda look like my Tubularia (pipe organ) which I got from the swap. Does it have a hard red skeleton? I have also seen Orange Crush turn green in someone elses tank under high lights. I believe it will revert back to pure orange if you stick it under low lights or in a less illuminated corner. :)

Love those Sarcophytons! :D

Are all of the pictures taken with all the lights on? I only ask because the tank looks kind of dim.
Otherwise, looks great that everything is coming along.

Yeah, for the most part all of the lights were on (I think) except for the obvious actinic only shots. Although I just found out today (just took more pics, uploaded later) that when my canopy lid closes, the actinics actually turn off due to a bad connection (lid is bowing just slightly). Darn cat and constantly jumping on the top of it. So some of the daylight shots might actually only be 2 bulbs and not all 4. But a lot of it is also my skills (lack thereof) and the settings dimming the shots. I was trying more to get accurate color on the corals themselves and not worrying as much about the background.

Back