High Tide Aquatics

Phytofeast dosage?

Mr. Ugly

Past President
Directions on the bottle say start out with 1 drop per 10 gallons. Directions on web site say start out with 1 drop per 1 gallon.

What's the straight scoop?

thanks!

i started 1 drop per 10 gallons then increased it after 2 weeks to what i do now. 10-15 drops a night. my water quality never took a hit and things seem to be fine. if that is wrong let me know.

Hmm... Steve at New Alameda just told me that the directions on some of the bottles are incorrect, and to go by the website info. He said 2 drops per gallon for him.

1 drop a gallon. Only 50K bottles to go :D

We'll have new bottles soon. Grrrr. :)

Ok, thanks. And I gave away half the bottle because I thought I'd never be able to use it all before the expiration date, hehehe :)

Hehehe... guess the 50k bottles will go 10x faster now :)

Makes you wonder about the Kent Chromamax phyto. They say start with 1 drop per 50 gallons. :roll:

What's the story on that Kent stuff anyway? Gresham? Anybody?

thanks!

Iv'e cut back on the phyto dosage since adding 1 drop a gallon for the last few days gave me a nice cyno outbreak. so back to the few drops for my tank.

Hmm... been doing 1 drop per gallon for a week now. The softies are looking happier. No cyano here. The softie tank is 80g with sump and a hecka modded SeaClone. Powerhead and Emperor 400 for extra circulation. No fuge.

Recent pic.
80.jpg

Hehehe... yeah, the coraline is just starting to show up on the glass and rocks. Probably 70% of the rock is aragocrete, so there wasn't a lot of coraline to seed the tank.

I kinda like having the back glass clean looking, so I didn't scrape any coraline into the tank to make it spread.

Back