Our mission

PIF - Rasta + Eagle Eye + Fire & Ice Zoas (with a catch)

H2OPlayar

Supporting Member
Hello BAR,

I have a colony of Rasta zoas and Fire & Ice zoas on a rock and another rock with Eagle Eye zoas. Instead of making another DBTC, I wanted to try something new to get more engagement with members. In the spirit of the club mission of sharing knowledge, the zoas are free to supporting members, but come with an educational catch.

The rule is you come to my tank, and learn to frag the zoas yourself. I will happily help and show you how to safely frag these and have different levels of safety measures we can take based on how much precaution you feel you'd like. For example, cutting under water in a bucket is the least likely to squirt zoa juice but takes longer than simply cutting in a bucket while wearing safety goggles. When you get here, we will have you make 2 of each kind you want to take home; one for yourself, and one for me. I have all of the tools and supplies and ppe needed.

Come on over to Sunnyvale, learn to frag zoas and leave with the the frag you made!

Happy Reefing!
Michael

Last edited:
I would love to learn to frag them because I also have a large spa piece that needs to be dragged. If u have any combination left I’d love to come and learn and pick your brain about the hobby.

I would love to learn to frag them because I also have a large spa piece that needs to be dragged. If u have any combination left I’d love to come and learn and pick your brain about the hobby.
Left? I just posted this today, come on by! When is good for you? Pm for details.

Hello BAR,

I have a colony of Rasta zoas and Fire & Ice zoas on a rock and another rock with Eagle Eye zoas. Instead of making another DBTC, I wanted to try something new to get more engagement with members. In the spirit of the club mission of sharing knowledge, the zoas are free, but come with an educational catch.

The rule is you come to my tank, and learn to frag the zoas yourself. I will happily help and show you how to safely frag these and have different levels of safety measures we can take based on how much precaution you feel you'd like. For example, cutting under water in a bucket is the least likely to squirt zoa juice but takes longer than simply cutting in a bucket while wearing safety goggles. When you get here, we will have you make 2 of each kind you want to take home; one for yourself, and one for me. I have all of the tools and supplies and ppe needed.

Come on over to Sunnyvale, learn to frag zoas and leave with the the frag you made!

Happy Reefing!
Michael
Id like to learn how to frag zoas. What time and day are you available?

Thank for making the drive yesterday @RSR4Roy , it was great getting some frags made!

Id like to learn how to frag zoas. What time and day are you available?
Sent you a PM, I updated the post to emphasize that it is free to supporting members as a way to get more club engagement. Hoping you decide to join the coolest reefing club I have ever seen!

Hi! Let me know when you’re looking to do another round. My son would love to learn, help and maybe pick up a couple frags :)
Hey @Neros503 , I am taking this week from work, so I am extra available. Feel free to pm to work out details.

@H2OPlayar I'm glad you're part of this club. This is a great idea!
Thank you, it is fun to share what we have learned with the community.

Hello Bar members,

If any new members want a chance to learn to make zoa frags, or need some frags for the swap, this is a good chance to get a few!

Back