Reef nutrition

Pipe Organ

I have a chunk of pipe organ coral I need to break up. It has outgrown it's allotted space. Depending on how it cleaves I should have 1-2 baseball sized chunks and possibly some smaller.

Tank has a resident population of red planarians (which I have given up trying to kill). Dipping is highly recommended.

Pickup at my home in north Berkeley, my office in Sunnyvale or at a club meeting.

Flatworm exit works well against red planaria, also a six line wrasse. Have you tried the salifert brand?

I also recommend siphoning or using a turkey baster to suck out surviving flatworms if you see them on the glass. You might be selecting for super resistant flatworms by letting the survivors survive after dosing.

Last edited:
Yep. It got most of them but they were back in a couple of weeks. I tried for 3 or 4 months before deciding they didn't bother me enough to continue. I've never had an explosion in the population and they are generally harmless. I've considered getting a six-line for the next wrasse in that tank. Neither pastel green wrasse nor yellow wrasse showed any interest in them.

DSCF2096.jpg

It looks more like this. The green tinge is very slight. It is mostly yellow.

Back