High Tide Aquatics

playing with my new Xoom

Recorded n edited all from my xoom....this tablet hands down blows away my wife's crappy ipad2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0fqHGM4Pk0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lol, Why would you use a tablet to take videos of a tank? It's like using your mountain bike to make electricity. It is doable but does not make much sense. There are video and photo cameras for that.

btw did it come with Android 3.0?

Nice tank and video!
With a tablet. Cool.
(Although funny, imagining you waving it all around to take the movie)
I need to take more videos. It is almost impossible to really capture the whole tank with stills.

I also like your very-full frag rack setups on the ends.

zepplock said:
Lol, Why would you use a tablet to take videos of a tank? It's like using your mountain bike to make electricity. It is doable but does not make much sense. There are video and photo cameras for that.

btw did it come with Android 3.0?

Yes 3.0

Also it shoot better video than my HD flip......

Idle curiosity since my day job is video related: In what way were the different devices better/worse?
Resolution? Color accuracy? Ease of use? Noise? Video artifacts? Speed?

color reprenstation is better quality resolution wise ... speed not so much it does lag a tad with quicker movements..... IMHO, the Xoom is nicer shooting than my hdflip do to the viewing screen as well....

How on earth do you think a Zoom is better than an iPad besides they have them in any store you would want to buy them gathering dust.

If you like the Android interface, that is fine... but has nothing to do with the zoom. We demo a lot of these devises and nothing comes close to the ipad.

My first beef is sorry azz apple sucks... then add at&t sucks....... then the fact that my wife's I pad two has been warrantied 2x already is my start...... I can go on no need. This post is about my video not a debate over droid/CRapple

Just wondering why you prefer the devise.
You can get a Verizon iPad. How can you say Apple sucks because of AT&T and the iPad sucks because you feel apple sucks?

We have about 40 Tablets in the field right now, and all the others are failing except the iPad. Looking to be around 300 by end of year and want to make sure we invest in the best solution. I dropped an iPad off a concrete deck 15' high the other day and it was fine. The zoom fell off a desk and shattered. Aluminum vs plastic. My tech support overhead for these other devises alone is making us drop support.
Always looking for experience from users before we invest in a product.

The video quality is bad, so bad it gives me headache and the tittle is misleading watching the video I don't see what you edited on it. Xoom is as fast as it collect dust on the shelves your better off using a camcorder when you take videos of your tank.

Apart from Apple fanboys(me included) arguments in this thread here's how it goes.

As a developer who builds apps for different phones and tablets Apple is heads and shoulders above other devices. Both in specs/usability and support. Android is close but poisoned by a huge amount of different devices, screen sizes, hardware specs. Blackberry and Microsoft are just junk, people buying those are pretty much fooled by marketing and I'm sorry for them. They are not in this game for long and you are just waisting your money.

Apple is skimming the top of the market, both price-wise and quality-wise. Thats normal for them, it was happening with laptops/desktops for a looong time. That's free market in a capitalism. It's very normal and healthy. But their products are built like tanks (but still light and look nice). You should see what my 18mo does to iPad. No electronics would stand that test.

Back