Reef nutrition

PLEASE Rescue My Fish [San Jose, CA] - Intro

Hello all - this is probably a bit of a weird introduction post.

I've been struggling for a couple years to get a tank going and was always just on the cusp of keeping things nice looking. Life changes, starting a business, etc and now my tank is a daily reminder that I am not taking care of my fish (It is probably about as bad as your worst predictions of what an unmanaged tank can fall too). I have 1x Blue Tang, 2x Clown Fish, and 1x Fireshrimp? which have lived their entire lives in a sub par tank and the Blue Tang is most definitely of a size now where needs more room and I feel terrible for not providing it.

My PLEA to this community (hopefully a few are actually local to the area and might point me in the right direction) is to please rescue my fish if its possible. Anyone can have them for FREE - heck I might even throw in some equipment that I wont be needing.

My requests/demands are:
1) MUST* have adequate placement for them at time of pickup
2) MUST* know what you are doing - (ie. relocating fish from a sub-par environment. My assumption here is that if someone just plopped my guys into a tank of pristine water, they would die in heaven...but die none the less.

3) Less feasible...but a hope would be that one person could take everything at one time. My assumptions is that I'll need to provide a substantial amount of water to take with the fish to their new place. This would leave my tank in an inoperable state (aka...all fish must go!).

All in all - if any one from this community is interested, please do contact me via email (i'll provide a phone number after initial contact). My email address is Tyler[@]AFK.GG (without the "[ ]") or have an open discussion here.

Further Information: I am located in San Jose, CA. I'm very busy but if your a trustworthy candidate - I'm very motivated to get these fish rescued. I will absolutely need your assistance/expertise in how to get the fish out with minimal stress.

Cheers & Thanks,
Tyler
PS. Keep doing what you fellas are doing because now I'm living vicariously through your tanks now :(

Edit* ...and now I see the Pay It Forward forum - will repost. My apologies if this one need be deleted...but hey it was an introduction.

:) No problem. I'm sure someone here would love to take your fish and give them a nice home.

Also if you run into a time crunch and absolutely have to get them out of your house asap, bring them to one of our local fish stores. Our sponsors usually do a good job with keeping fish alive long enough to be sold to someone.

... bring them to one of our local fish stores. Our sponsors usually do a good job with keeping fish alive long enough to be sold to someone.

Thanks! This is what I was hoping to hear. I'm going to answer my own question here and assume it's best to call ahead and ask what to bring with you (other than the fish).

Thanks! This is what I was hoping to hear. I'm going to answer my own question here and assume it's best to call ahead and ask what to bring with you (other than the fish).
Yep, any one of our sponsors should be able to help you offload some of your livestock and equipment if some BAR members can't take it off of your hands.

Best of luck in finding new homes for them! :)

I'm interested in the blue tang - How big is it?

A few questions - How long have you had the fish and are they healthy? How big is your current setup and do you have any recent pictures? (Not trying to hound you while you give stuff away but the above questions will help any adopter) ;)

You also won't need a 'ton' of water to move each fish. You can/should dump in mixed saltwater to replace the water taken out of your tank once the fish move out.

Wish I can help but my tank is packed though I think I can take the shrimp :)

To everyone else, if I'm closer to you (I'm in Hayward) I don't mind picking up any of the fish for you just to make it more convenient for koalabat.

Just a quick update. "TB" will be giving the fish a new home and HiFidelity will be taking the shrimp :)

Should have the tank down tomorrow afternoon after pickup :'(

Back