Jestersix

Rainbow bubble tip anemones

richiev

Supporting Member
I have a variety of RBAs of various sizes. All from natural splits. Honestly too many splits for me to not be weirded out, but it's been spread over time and they all are happy and growing.

I can put picks up, but I generally wanted to gauge interest before I offer some up on FB cheap. Various sizes, from 1.5in to probably 3in on offer. At least 3 total I'd give out, but I think I have 7 of them so maybe more too.

I'll be pulling them out as part of tearing down my tank, before transferring things to holding. Once I do I'll catch em and put them in a breeder box. I'll likely do so this week, and available next.

Hit me up if you're interested and I'll queue some up. Free but it you want to trade something that's certainly fine too.

Redwood City

Reactions: JVU
I am in San Francisco. I would like to have one. If you like, I have a plug with 10+ Alpha Omega Zoanthids (they could be Flaming Fireball zoa or something else. They are all similar to me. I can't really tell the difference) for trade.

Last edited:
I'll let you all know. It might be a bit longer than I expected, because it's a PITA getting them off the rock. So far I've only gotten one, despite trying the credit card / spoon / ice tricks.

I've now switched to just blocking the light from where they are, to see if I can get them in a place they can't wedge in. Also might just start draining the tank to really piss them off.

I'm also using this as a way to force my clowns to get hosted. I currently have the clowns in a little breeder box run one anemone. I'm really hoping I can get at least two or three anemones in there.

Current status, trying to channel @svreef https://bareefers.org/forum/threads/nem-removal.27325/

PXL_20221023_024602744.jpg

Successfully got one with the pipe trick.

PXL_20221023_232747590.jpg

1 manually removed. Second with the pipe. 4 more to go. Currently have another one piped, but I'm less hopeful because of the position.

I think I'm going to design a 3d printed version of this pipe setup. Something with built in places to hook the rubber bands and a way to hold in place the foam / filter floss.

A big sponge works pretty well with the pipe if you haven’t tried it already. You can superglue the pipe into place and it’s a little less unwieldy:
1666586719144.jpeg

A big sponge works pretty well with the pipe if you haven’t tried it already. You can superglue the pipe into place and it’s a little less unwieldy:
View attachment 42796
Super glueing the pipe in place is clever. A big a** sponge also is a nice move!

The complication for me is as a wonderful thing, they found a home on an outcropping at the edge of my rock, right where I wanted them. As a not wonderful thing, it's in an area where it's very hard to block crevices and also hold the filter floss in place without squashing another anemone.

I do have 7. Assuming I get them all out without any feet issues (so far it's been a success), I'll plan on getting rid of 4 most likely.

Current dibs will be @H2OPlayar, @NanoCrazed, @rdriggett, @Haacheew in that order (H2 gets dibs cause of all the giving out he does, rest in order, supporting members get priority). Feel free to keep requesting. I'll likely get rid of the first 3 in the next two weeks, and the rest after I am super sure I've successfully transferred them to a second tank. I'll pm folks.

I just went to check on my RBA's in the breeder box with my 2 clowns. I think I might've officially forced my clowns to become anemone fans!

The reason I got the anemone originally was for the clowns, and they've never had any interest at all. I was taking the tank teardown and moving these out as an opportunity to try and force them together.

I have two anemones and my 2 clowns in a small breeder box. The anemones are not huge fans of this situation, and are still not very puffed up. Initially there was no association, but I noticed after I put the second one in the larger clown possibly bumping the anemone. Now, a day or so later, I went and checked in the dark and it looks like the anemone moved to the side of the box and now the clowns seem to be rubbing up against it intentionally!

Hopefully this works out. I'll be super stoked if it does.

I do have 7. Assuming I get them all out without any feet issues (so far it's been a success), I'll plan on getting rid of 4 most likely.

Current dibs will be @H2OPlayar, @NanoCrazed, @rdriggett, @Haacheew in that order (H2 gets dibs cause of all the giving out he does, rest in order, supporting members get priority). Feel free to keep requesting. I'll likely get rid of the first 3 in the next two weeks, and the rest after I am super sure I've successfully transferred them to a second tank. I'll pm folks.
@NanoCrazed @rdriggett @Haacheew

I'm good to transfer 3 more. H2O got his.

I'm heading out of town Friday, so if I can transfer before then it'd be great. Redwood City.

Also just thought of this, and this is totally optional, but if any/multiple of you guys are located near Redwood City, and open to be a backup, emergency, tank helper when I'm gone I'll give you a 3d printed mushroom cage when you pick up.

I have relatives house sitting, and my neighbor also knows basics, but having extra backups will be useful. Only ask would be if an emergency comes up, and you happen to be available, that I might ask you to do something.

I'll be gone 18-28. Again no expectation anyone signs up for that. Anemone is free either way.

Ok, I'm back from vacation. I currently have 8 rainbow bubble tip anemones up for grabs. I emphasize rainbow because I realize I accidentally said rose originally when I created this thread.

2 of them are very small, and likely from a split while I was gone. They are still all colored up, but I don't think they love the container I have them in.

@H2OPlayar if you'd like another you're welcome to one or two more. Everyone else, lmk. They're going up for sale on FB tomorrow, but I'll hold some for others from here.

If anyone feels inclined, I'm happy to take pest free live rock or pest free corals. No requirement though. I'll also be willing to trade mushroom cages I can 3d print.

Back