Our mission

RBTA/GBTA Tentacle Changes

It seems that the tentacles change shape/size on almost every anemone that my clowns are hosted by. I have a 10"+ RBTA that has straight, fat tentacles when I bought it. The clowns loved it so much that they slept in it every night and the tentacles grew bumps, lumps, curves, and they look all screwy and most have tentacles growing out of other tentacles. Some tentacles on it even look like wrecking balls - the tentacle is very straight and skinny, and then at the end of the tentacle there is a huge 1"+ lumpy tentacle ball at the end (and I don't mean bubbled tip!). Some of the tentacles (around the mouth) are 1.5"x1.5" lumps that are bumpy and fat. The weird thing is that about a week ago, I added a massive GBTA (I'm guessing 12"+ when fully opened) that the clowns can literally hide themselves in. As I pulled it from the bag after acclimation and was putting it in the rocks, the clowns jumped right into it and never come out now unless it's feeding time. My point is, now that they've quit bothering my 10"+ RBTA, it's tentacles are becoming straighter and straighter. I don't get why this is happening, but I'm just curious if aggressive clowns can change an anemone's appearance. Honestly, my black ocellaris pair are more aggressively hosted than any other clown including maroons!

Back