Jestersix

Reco: pump for new IM 20 gal tank

Hello there! Question...I'm setting up a new 20 gallon tank. Turned the return pump on today and boy, the constant humming sound is pretty loud. Is there a better pump that you would recommend? This one is driving me crazy.

The small DC IM controllable pump is a bargain and a great pump. Btw the hum on the stock pump isn't normal, but it's good to upgrade it anyway. Your other option is a Sicce. I believe it's the Sicce 1.0 for the IM 20 that fits.

Hum is often a sign of vibration, try holding your hand firmly around the pump to see if the hum stops. Sometimes it's a matter of moving things around, or giving a little more play (silicone mats/feet/tubing) to dampen vibrations, and then sometimes it's just a bad pump.

Thanks everyone! @Bruce, not sure. Not a ton but willing to invest in good quality.

Slight urgent topic change, how would you treat a fish with fins that seem to be disappearing? In transitioning from the big tank to the nuvo, they experienced an issue in the transition tank and the water quality wasn’t ideal. Now, that I can fully see them, their poor fins are not healthy. This is a ten year old clown fish that I’m super attached to. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As to the heater controller then I'd look for a used Neptune Apex jr. Usually can be found around $125.00-150.00 and gives you control of two heaters and a couple other things.

Back