Jestersix

Red Sea 350 Beginner Tank

I started my tank about a month ago. I cycled with two snowflake clowns, live rock and live sand. I am new to the saltwater community. I will post picture in the coming days. i also have a few Zoanthid coral and GSP. I also received the GSP from Srt4eric along with other corals i forgot the names of. He also showed me this community to help grow my tank and experience.
Equipment:
2 red sea wave makers 25
2 AI Prime !6HD
1 Hydra 32HD
1 Nero5 wave maker
Red Sea Skimmer 300

Fish in the tank:
1 purple tang
1 Two spotted bristletooth tang
1 cleaner Shrimp
1 emerald crab
1 mystery wrasse

Looking for coral ideas and a top level swimming fish to possibly add.

Last edited:
I started my tank about a month ago. I cycled with two snowflake clowns, live rock and live sand. I am new to the saltwater community. I will post picture in the coming days. i also have a few Zoanthid coral and GSP. I also received the GSP from Srt4eric along with other corals i forgot the names of. He also showed me this community to help grow my tank and experience.
Equipment:
2 red sea wave makers 25
2 AI Prime !6HD
1 Hydra 32HD
1 Nero5 wave maker
Red Sea Skimmer 300

Fish in the tank:
1 purple tang
1 Two spotted bristletooth tang
1 cleaner Shrimp
1 emerald crab
1 mystery wrasse

Looking for coral ideas and a top level swimming fish to possibly add.
Welcome. Eric’s the man. Glad you found us! If you become a supporting member you can come to the swap this weekend.

Welcome! The frag swap this weekend will be a great chance to meet your fellow reefers and expand your frag collection. Plus, someone has to take home the 1000 frags that @Coral reefer is bringing.

There are lots of very experienced people who frequent this forum, so it is a great community for expanding your knowledge and sharing pictures.

More pictures! I want to see that sweet setup you got going!

Welcome! The frag swap this weekend will be a great chance to meet your fellow reefers and expand your frag collection. Plus, someone has to take home the 1000 frags that @Coral reefer is bringing.

There are lots of very experienced people who frequent this forum, so it is a great community for expanding your knowledge and sharing pictures.

More pictures! I want to see that sweet setup you got going!
I do want to attend the event and become an active member within the community. I am already hooked in the saltwater fish and always wanted a saltwater tank and it’s just so happened my freshwater tank stand broke forcing me to get one. I should be uploading photos after work tonight.

Welcome. Eric’s the man. Glad you found us! If you become a supporting member you can come to the swap this weekend.
He is an amazing person and I felt very welcomed to the community just meeting him at Neptune. He really sold me on the community that is built here. I do plan on joining and becoming an active member within and learning a lot about corals and tanks. Thank you

I do want to attend the event and become an active member within the community. I am already hooked in the saltwater fish and always wanted a saltwater tank and it’s just so happened my freshwater tank stand broke forcing me to get one. I should be uploading photos after work tonight.
I can chat freshwater with you too but I don't think this is the right forum, lol. No rush, I just like seeing what other people have cooking, and I really appreciate the differences in how people choose to set things up.

Welcome! A RSR tank is a good tank to start with. What part of the Bay Area are you near? We can help with PIF/DBTC corals and LFS recommendations if you’re starting to stock. Adding pics will help us think about what corals could work with the aquascape you have going on. :)

Welcome! A RSR tank is a good tank to start with. What part of the Bay Area are you near? We can help with PIF/DBTC corals and LFS recommendations if you’re starting to stock. Adding pics will help us think about what corals could work with the aquascape you have going on. :)
I am actually in Fairfield a little outside the Bay Area.

Attachments

• 96767401-22C9-4559-8F0C-9E3BBFB3E7BC.jpeg
    96767401-22C9-4559-8F0C-9E3BBFB3E7BC.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 176
  • C25E3A39-DE76-4CE3-BD0C-7F394B1A833C.jpeg
    C25E3A39-DE76-4CE3-BD0C-7F394B1A833C.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 182
  • BB1B164B-5F88-4146-8214-EC31B9405B1F.jpeg
    BB1B164B-5F88-4146-8214-EC31B9405B1F.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 199
  • 4491B0A2-D275-42BF-9F6C-492AB0BC3800.jpeg
    4491B0A2-D275-42BF-9F6C-492AB0BC3800.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 6DC29507-1930-4A73-A6CE-612F0D84780D.jpeg
    6DC29507-1930-4A73-A6CE-612F0D84780D.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 174
  • C57CECFE-91AE-44C9-8BE2-6CC01A4F919E.jpeg
    C57CECFE-91AE-44C9-8BE2-6CC01A4F919E.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 195
The large Zoa was a gift from a local fish store Because I was a regular. It’s a piece I’d love to learn how to frag corals with.

Welcome! I am in Pleasant Hill, near Concord and Walnut Creek - not too too far away. I like your aquascape! Are your fish in the photos? Couldn't see any.

The large Zoa was a gift from a local fish store Because I was a regular. It’s a piece I’d love to learn how to frag corals with.
I realize you are a bit away, but if you ever make it down to the south bay (Sunnyvale) I am happy to walk you through the zoa fragging process I use as well as other techniques people like.

what type of frozen brick? is it a mysis shrimp cube? if so, I'd cut that in half and feed once with the pellets cause of your light bioload. have you tested no3 and po4 in your tank?

How many times a day roughly should i be feeding with frozen food? i currently feed two times and one frozen brick
New tanks need less food than mature ones. A good rule of thumb is to feed and make sure no food is left over after 60 seconds. Anthias need to be fed multiple times a day, but most fish are fine with once or even every other day feedings depending on how much you feed. For me, I do a heavy feeding 2-4 times a week, with a lighter ones the other days. This is partially so I can still feed the tank and corals heavily, but not so much that I drive p04 and n03 way up.

I have not tested those yet. I will be testing tonight. I try to test every other day just to make sure I’m still keeping things stable but not over testing.

Back