Our mission

Red Sea Salt

Switched over to Coral Pro a while back and have a little less than half of a small bucket of this salt left. Pick up in San Mateo area.
62d2b066c510ca7554e12421ead66852.jpg

Hey @evannn i use the coral pro as well.

How do you handle the alk spike during a water change?

The alkalinity of you tank would slowly drop each day and settle in at around 8-9dKH just before the water change. With the fresh mix at 12dKH, how do you handle the steep alkalinity increase?

Hey @evannn i use the coral pro as well.

How do you handle the alk spike during a water change?

The alkalinity of you tank would slowly drop each day and settle in at around 8-9dKH just before the water change. With the fresh mix at 12dKH, how do you handle the steep alkalinity increase?

Everything that I have seems to tolerate the alk spike pretty well as everything seems happy and open afterwords. I did check alk for a week recently and before my water change alk was at 9.2 dkh. I do a 3 gallon water change weekly. I tested a few hours after and alk was 9.964. Then at the end of the week tests I was around 9.23 dkh.

Everything that I have seems to tolerate the alk spike pretty well as everything seems happy and open afterwords. I did check alk for a week recently and before my water change alk was at 9.2 dkh. I do a 3 gallon water change weekly. I tested a few hours after and alk was 9.964. Then at the end of the week tests I was around 9.23 dkh.
How the heck are you getting alkalinity to four significant digits? That’s insane!! :)

Back