Neptune Aquatics

Regal angel

Who has has success keeping a regal in a mixed reef. I have a nice one i acquired but I am afraid of letting him lose in the tank

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had one for 5 months before it randomly died(ruling was cyanide poisoning). I just fed heavily and frequently (4 times a day with autofeeders and 2 times by hand) and that kept it off my corals.

I have a small regal and so far no issues. But I am sure it’s only a matter of time
Before it starts eating coral

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my coral beauty switiched to coral food. I saw area missing from my scolly, and a bunch of zoas ware kinda nipped. I spent over an hour to catch him and I have to redo my aquascape since I moved a bunch of rocks and my corals also got displaced in my exiting process. I had my coral beauty for over 1 year and I had no issues. I was feeding the tank twice a day.

Definitely not acute toxicity but maybe something like gradual organ failure. Honestly I have no idea... ate like a pig for months and then over the course of 12 hours just shut down.
How was the conclusion reached? I'm a bit suspicious of this diagnosis, but legitimately curious how that sort of cause can be accurately pointed at down the road.

I think my coral beauty switiched to coral food. I saw area missing from my scolly, and a bunch of zoas ware kinda nipped. I spent over an hour to catch him and I have to redo my aquascape since I moved a bunch of rocks and my corals also got displaced in my exiting process. I had my coral beauty for over 1 year and I had no issues. I was feeding the tank twice a day.
Easiest way to be sure is to put him in the sump or something for a couple weeks and see if the problem goes away. I'd loan you my in-tank isolation box, but I don't think it'll fit in your tank.

Back