Kessil

Rental spaces for BAR Events

glee

BOD
Staff member
Hello BAR,

Does anyone have any connections for rental spaces in the Bay Area? The ideal location can support 100-175 people, centrally located (Hayward area, Redwood City-San Mateo area), has parking, available 4-6 hours on a Saturday, and affordable.

Live in an HOA with a clubhouse for rent? Work at a location that has a conference space we could use? Post here if you have some ideas. Thanks!

glee

BOD
Staff member
I checked Hayward Community Centers last year. The cost was in line with Chabot College which is why I did not include them in my Events Page on the BOD forum.

Keep the ideas coming.....thanks!

bluprntguy

Supporting Member
There is a vacant tenant space on the second floor at Bayfair Center in San Leandro that has been used for community events in the past and may be large enough. Let me know if interested and I’ll reach out to the owner and check on costs. Plenty of parking and walkable to BART.

Flagg37

Supporting Member
This may be a wild idea but what if we grouped up with Steve Tyree and did our regional swap at the fall CFM. Obviously there would need to be a fair amount of discussion and coordination but it might benefit both parties if we can make it work. I don’t know if there’s additional room at the current location or if we’d need to move.

glee

BOD
Staff member
There is a vacant tenant space on the second floor at Bayfair Center in San Leandro that has been used for community events in the past and may be large enough. Let me know if interested and I’ll reach out to the owner and check on costs. Plenty of parking and walkable to BART.
Thanks, please check and let me know.

sfsuphysics

BOD
Staff member
This may be a wild idea but what if we grouped up with Steve Tyree and did our regional swap at the fall CFM. Obviously there would need to be a fair amount of discussion and coordination but it might benefit both parties if we can make it work. I don’t know if there’s additional room at the current location or if we’d need to move.
I dunno how that would fly with vendors, they want to see their corals sold they do not want to see a group who's giving away corals for free. Although who knows, I always wondered about shops that'd sell frags at our past frag swaps, must take a lot of effort to set something up on the fly like this and do they make enough to make it worth it?

But I do recall the first (one of the first?) CFM as club we couldn't raffle away corals or something due to a conflict of interest, think that's changed since they rely/lean on the club to set everything up.

2manyhobbies

BOD
Staff member
Garvin, in case you didn't see this in the BOD section, here it is again.Bjornson Hall(.info/index.html), Ballroom 50 X 50', Adjacent dining room 20 X 20, Kitchen with commercial stove and grill, double ovens and double refer. Tables and chairs available for use. Place is also available for scheduled meetings. Address: 2258 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, 510-531-9882.

glee

BOD
Staff member
Thanks Dave. I’ll follow up before our next BOD meeting. Been busy with work and family.

Please keep the suggestions coming everyone.

glee

BOD
Staff member
Garvin, in case you didn't see this in the BOD section, here it is again.Bjornson Hall(.info/index.html), Ballroom 50 X 50', Adjacent dining room 20 X 20, Kitchen with commercial stove and grill, double ovens and double refer. Tables and chairs available for use. Place is also available for scheduled meetings. Address: 2258 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, 510-531-9882.
Thanks, called and left a message.

jamie

Supporting Member
i have a space at work that we can use. its a lounge with some seating areas and a bar. the only thing is its in SF. but i can do it for very cheap

JVU

BOD
Staff member
Anyone else have any other suggestions for frag swap and other event locations? We have some good leads but need more for our various events.

Does your housing development have a community center you can reserve? Those have worked out great for us in the past but sometimes fill up quick. It would be great to have a couple options.

L/B Block

Supporting Member
Hello BAR,

Does anyone have any connections for rental spaces in the Bay Area? The ideal location can support 100-175 people, centrally located (Hayward area, Redwood City-San Mateo area), has parking, available 4-6 hours on a Saturday, and affordable.

Live in an HOA with a clubhouse for rent? Work at a location that has a conference space we could use? Post here if you have some ideas. Thanks!
They have conference rooms at the chabot space center in Oakland. I would have to check how big they can accommodate though-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk