Neptune Aquatics

RODI replacement filters

Baykes

Supporting Member
Recently tested my RODI water and was shocked to see 90-100 TDS going through!

Going to replace the filters but kind of lost as this is my first time replacing. What do you guys use? Do you guys buy generic filters or name brand ones? I saw some people mention online that they use non name brand for prefilters but name brand for other stages. Also I’m guessing with this TDS rating I would also have to replace the membrane.

I have the 5-Stage version of this one: https://spectrapure.com/products/chloramine-removal-systems

Any help is appreciated

Any old sediment filter
Chlorplus blocks for chloramine
Most name brand membranes are fine.
I use fresh water systems to order online
Aquatic collection has everything you need.
Is 90-100 after membrane but before di?
Yes it seems you should replace membrane.

Any old sediment filter
Chlorplus blocks for chloramine
Most name brand membranes are fine.
I use fresh water systems to order online
Aquatic collection has everything you need.
Is 90-100 after membrane but before di?
Yes it seems you should replace membrane.

That website is nice, their chlorplus filters are like half the price than spectrapure!

Looks like my system comes with 2 chlorplus filters. Does that sound right? Thinking about buying extras to be better at replacing more regularly. Do they have any shelf life? Lastly have you used their di canister? https://www.freshwatersystems.com/p...deionization-cartridge?variant=13250660401195

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And another noob question but is there an easy way to see if that di cartridge is compatible? Or are they pretty universal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think you have to worry about shelf life on chlorplus, but I don’t know. I use two at a time as well
I’ve never used so from them before. I use the brs stuff and refill my canisters myself.
I think it should fit tho. I think most are 2.5” and it says it’s slightly bigger around. I bet you can ask them directly.

Back