High Tide Aquatics

Saturday November 13 - Member's only frag swap - Sunnyvale.

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
Ok, super quick notice on this, totally sorry for that, trying to hammer down a location.

Location : H2OPlayar's residence in Sunnyvale, CA will update address as we get closer (plus as of this moment I don't even know the address!)
Date : November 13, 2021
Time : 12:30pm to 2:30pm (or whenever the swap is done/he kicks us out), Registration starts at 11:30am

Bring your own lunch event.

Requirements
1. Must register for the event, a simple post here stating you're coming is fine, must be done three days before the event
2. Be a supporting member, there is no entry fee
3. Bring a minimum of 3 separate coral frags, none from the "banned" list, and properly contained (see below)
4. Check in before 11am, if you come after we will check you in but may have lost a picking round, and you don't get to make it up with an extra pick.
5. Those who are fully vaccinated may go without a mask at the venue, no proof is needed.

Volunteers are appreciated to help run the event. Please volunteer HERE
Due to the short nature of this event we will NOT be having a bonus round, and unless things change there will not be any raffle.

Schedule
10:30am-11:30am setup
11:30-12:30pm registration and running corals to tables
12:30pm-2:30pm start swapping, if we're as efficient as last time we may not even need the full time
Whenever swap ends, cleanup will commence.

One of the club members has volunteered their home for the event, which is in Sunnyvale (at least from their profile info). It is a residential home, so we do ask that you be respectful of not only their home but also the neighborhood as a whole. Information about parking and what not should be coming soon, but being as it's residential if you have issues walking please show up more on the earlier side of things.

How the swap works
For those who have swapped before, it is largely unchanged

For those who have never swapped THIS is a great reference and saves me from having to retype all of it, the first post is the most relevant additional posts may not be relevant to this swap. And if you have any questions the day of the event there are volunteers who are "Frag Police" or "Frag Wranglers" who can help you with information about what round it is, or to give you a reminder of what to do, or possibly to answer any coral questions you may have.

Valid frags

• Corals MUST be in clear plastic containers, that includes lids and sides, so no styrofoam. Plastic bags will not be allowed.
  • Corals MUST be labeled with at the very least a description (e.g. name and/or color + coral type), your name, and the approximate lighting level they are under, while you don't need exact PAR numbers having the fixture that is used + tank depth is much more useful just saying "low" "medium" or "high"
  • These corals are not eligible for swapping
  • Corals should be healthy and relatively pest free, while you should assume everything has pests if your frag plug has aiptasia on it it will not be accepted, nor corals that look to be dying.
  • Frag sizes you should use will vary, bonus corals have a specified minimum, but I like to say "what kind of frag would you like to see" and use that as a guideline for how much/how big.
  • There's always a debate about mounted versus unmounted corals, and that probably will never get settled, as a result no requirement either way.
  • Things like anemones are ok if they're of a desirable nature i.e. bubble tips, maxi-mini carpets, NOT aiptasia.
  • Sponges are not valid frags and neither is any type of macroalgae.
  • However there will be a "freebee table" that things can be put on, if you think a new person may want a piece colt coral, or some of that chaeto you harvested, feel free to bring it it just won't count towards your 3 different frags.
Any other questions? Ask here.

Last edited by a moderator:
no food? :( maybe I should bring dim sum again from sf like I used too. :cool: dim sum group buy?:D:D:D:D.

Mike I have address if you need it later.

I also think I have the address if anyone needs it.

Dim sum sounds good! We should at least order pizzas or I could also look into getting a taco platter from a local restaurant that might owe me a favor.

Here's an idea, get catering from all the reef club restaurants around the area.

I'm happy to chip in for the food cost. Or we can do a potluck! Either way works

Hey one of the other BOD members want to edit the post to put in RSVP ? I really have no idea how to do it. Figure we can message out to those who RSVP, yes Michael's actual address as we near the swap.

When it comes time to make a group PM with Michael’s address, it is a lot easier to do it if everyone RSVP’s in the poll a the top of this thread. Going through all the posts is a pain and likely to miss people.

And by the way, I’ll support this however I can beforehand, but I’m going to be out of town that weekend so I can’t attend.

I also think I have the address if anyone needs it.

Dim sum sounds good! We should at least order pizzas or I could also look into getting a taco platter from a local restaurant that might owe me a favor.

Here's an idea, get catering from all the reef club restaurants around the area.
We can swing some pizzas… a lot easier on our host if we don’t do potluck. Although, I really like the idea of Dim Sum.

Back