High Tide Aquatics

Snake oils

Possibly ruby Reef, even though I have and still use it. I have had 0 fish loss after infection of ick, but it might be more to the careful observation and extra steps taken with said fish.

The Marc Weiss stuff for sure. Just the labels on his products make me say stay away.

Not sure on the garlic. Although I'm not certain on it's ich fighting abilities, I do think it's great at getting finicky eaters to at least sample food.

It's not really negative effects, it's just that they don't do what they say they do. So you might as well not even add them. I've never used them either, but when I saw them in the stores I did a lot of RC research on them. Seems almost everyone says they never see any effects from most of the stuff.

Okay - I'll bite - I bought the Aqua Equalizer when I first started - I bought the cheapest one - piece of crap.

Mark Weiss stuff is very questionable at least for saltwater. I used his stuff for my discuss - turned the water yellow, but they started spawning not longing afterwards. They were already spawing but it was not that frequent.

Garlic - I've tried that too - does it work - can't say it helped or hindered or did nothing.

What I have found that simple good husbandry and common sense takes care of most of the issues in our hobby

Back