High Tide Aquatics

Snow pictures

Anyone thinking of heading out the next few days if we get some snow to get some pictures around the bay area. Trying to think of a few locations that I could get some interesting pictures if we really do get some low level snow.

if I get snow on my hill I'm throwing caution to the wind and riding an inner tube all the way down to the freeway :D

I figure everyone driving will be crashed all over the place anyways so no real worry to me :D

Hey Chicken i had the same thought earlier today too. I was thinking some sort of B/W with nice architecture could work. Doubtful it would happen there, but maybe the ferry building? Any parks with some movement in them could be cool. I figure I'll just drive around and hopefully it'll snow in one of the japanese gardens.

Snow pictures! LOL! We've had more snow this year than I care to remember. Got about 4" yesterday that is hanging around for a bit! Ahh, to be back in the Bay area!

It's amazing how 4" of snow can affect flat terrain and really cause havoc. The other night they got 4' at some ski resorts!

phishphood said:
Hey Chicken i had the same thought earlier today too. I was thinking some sort of B/W with nice architecture could work. Doubtful it would happen there, but maybe the ferry building? Any parks with some movement in them could be cool. I figure I'll just drive around and hopefully it'll snow in one of the japanese gardens.

Yeah....I go for B/W architecture too...not so much action/people or portraits. Depending on the snow level the zoo might be interesting. I was also thinking the "nickle tour" of The City as a collection (Lombard Street, Wharf, Coit Tower, etc...). It all depends on the snow level and thickness.

-Gregory

Hey FishPhotoNerds,
I have a few plans to go take shots too. If anyone wants to hangout and talk photos and corals, let me know. My list:
  • Marin Headlands
  • Treasure Island for a skyline view, if it works out
  • Atop the 18th Street Overpass over 280
    Muir / Stinson Area
    Napa/Sonoma

Those above are some ideas given snow in those areas. I'm slightly doubtful there will be any snow sticking in the city. If there's enough flurries then being in some nice places in the city would be cool, such as Pacific Heights and Presidio Heights to get those victorian areas a nice shot with snow everywhere. Another cool spot is all the shoppers at union square. If snow sticks, I'd think it'd be in headlands or higher spots, for that I'll try to get higher perspectives with the city as a backdrop.

JAR said:
Stop on in and say hi if your in Muir!
I'm sure Mt Tam will show snow. My wife took some pics of snow on Saturday.
Sunday first thing we walked on the beach on the bay here in Berkeley just to see Mt Tam. The sun behind us just coming over the hills made the vista crisp.

if it snows in SF, a good place might be to take the elevator up at the DeYoung, get a nice 360 degree view of the area... however news guy says IF it snows it'll be 4-8am tomorrow, so they won't be open.

The frozen tundra of Muir Beach 2-26-2011. :bigsmile:
snowMB003-1.jpg

Back