High Tide Aquatics

Squirt no workey

I'm not sure how the squirt works, but my 4-way also did the sama after a snail crawled (do snails crawl?) into the drum and messed it up. I had to open up the whole thing and found that the motor was doing fine but had worn away the plastic socket that it fitted in.

I had to repair the wear, filled the gaps and it has been fine since..

I actually talked to Paul from OM last night. My motor went bad. They are sending me a new one for no charge. I LOVE those guys!

Elite said:
For the price that they charge for those thing, they better have great customer service :D

Not all do unfortunately. The crazy thing is this is not an easy feat for Paul as his operations is located in Canada. :D

Rich, if it's a normal squirt, I have a spare to get your running again right now.

I heard that the squirts could be loud on occassion... can anyone post personal experiences with noise levels and the squirt, super squirt and 4 way ? :)

Thanks

Squirt over a SCWD any day. The SCWD tends to gum up and can reduce flow by 40% and you only get 2 outlets. I had to replace my SCWD three times in one year, so the price for each seem on par.

That was so badly written. Me sleepy!

I would take a Squirt anyday over a SCWD.

I bought two - One of the two worked well for about four to six months and then clogged (overflowed my tank twice) - I threw it in the garbage can. The second one (brand new) I donated to the raffle.

I hooked up the Squirt and have never looked back - one of the best darn investments I ever bought.

Back