Reef nutrition

Stupid question before I waste money

Long story short, skimmer went nuts and overflowed last night, and somehow managed to get a few cups of tank water into the dosing container for calcium in my tank.

I’m using b ionic.

Should I dump it all or just adjust the dosing schedule a bit?

It doesn’t seem to have precipitated at all and I’d hate to waste it since there was about 1/3 of a gallon of good calcium supplement.

Yes calcium container. Not the alk container

Was it overflowing skimmate or just tank water? My only concern would be that it would “spoil” the contents of the reservoir.

Was it overflowing skimmate or just tank water? My only concern would be that it would “spoil” the contents of the reservoir.

It was overflowing.

Didn’t think of that. But it was mostly just water and no skimate. I just cleaned the skimmer earlier in the day and it had not produced anything when I went to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the amount of tank water was small compared to the concentrated solution it should be ok, especially if you don't see any precipitate.

What I would do is continue to dose just do more often testing of calcium (every other day?) just to make sure it doesn't drop.

If the amount of tank water was small compared to the concentrated solution it should be ok, especially if you don't see any precipitate.

What I would do is continue to dose just do more often testing of calcium (every other day?) just to make sure it doesn't drop.

Great except I go on vacation this weekend for 20 days[emoji51]

And I’m out of 2 part because my order was damaged and sent back. Then my reorder was sent to the wrong address.

I have no clue when I’ll get more 2 part in. I may have to run to one of the fish stores and pick some up.

Yeah... that whole being out of town for 20 days sounds like a you problem not a calcium problem :D

That said, keep the old stuff, get some new stuff to handle 20 days, then when you get back if the old stuff still looks fine give that a shot and you don't have to throw it away and can monitor it when you're back home.

I already dumped it all out. I have enough for a few days. Headed to either AC or Neptune tomorrow after work to get more b ionic. I just hoping I can get he alk to mix before I leave sat.

I’ll be gone like 10 ish days. Not 20.

Whew. Came just in time. Now I gotta boil some R.O. water to dissolve this crap in 24 hours [emoji51]
IMG_0684.jpg

Back