Kessil

Stupid question....

Depends on how soft the plastic is. If you can get the bulkhead to deform the plastic enough to get a good seal, then a bulkhead would be better.

My barrels are on the harder side and I had uniseals on hand so I used those.

78e10f058f058a88906409ec89417d84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where can I purchase a container like this one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean it is really a gate valve (rotate the handle horizontally to open gradually)?

Looks to me from the photo I thought one should lift the handle up to open. In that case, can it stay open while I am away at the display tank?

I generally don't put spigots in the bottom of my barrels. I plumb them with a recirculating loop and a spigot at the top. I will post a pic tonight.

Need a couple 1" ball valves for my rodi and sw mixing station. Concerned because some brands of ball valves can be real pain to turn.

Recommendation where to buy?

Also thinking gate valve might be easier to turn though trade off is it takes more turns to fully open/close fully. Thought?

Will a true union ball valve be a good idea here? The pump will be inline and both in and out hoses are clear tubing secured with clamps that can be removed.

I bought some ball valve from here
http://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/valves/pvc-ball-valves/compact-ball-valves.html

And it was waaay better than the one you can get at HD. They also have true union valve at decent price.

Back