Our mission

Sunny D vs Alien Inferno

Chromis

Supporting Member
Just wanted to note the similarities/differences between these two, because they happen to be neighbors in my tank (same lighting/flow/feeding = fair comparison).

The only thing I like better about the sunny D’s is they grow much faster.
136de082d7da91a911ccc89328b777f4.jpg

Edit: Sunny D’s are in the top of the photo, Alien Inferno bottom

Mohawks, radio active dragon eyes, Green Bay packers, green lantern all will grow faster than sunny d. La laker, grandis , bam bam etc will grow at same or almost similar speed .

Not in my tank!
Sunny D’s grow faster than radioactive dragon eyes and mowhawks in my tank too. Sunny D’s are huge eaters (see those long tentacles?) and probably benefit more from the reefroids feedings in my tank, there are *not that many nitrates to help them grow in my tank.

*edit

Last edited:
Yea the Alien infernos have really blue, short skirts and the sunny D’s have long brown tentacles. Also the infernos have more red and more of a stripey contrasted color.

Sunny D’s grow faster than radioactive dragon eyes and mowhawks in my tank too. Sunny D’s are huge eaters (see those long tentacles?) and probably benefit more from the reefroids feedings in my tank, there are that many nitrates to help them grow in my tank.
Interesting, in my pico they are far less slow grower compared to mohawk or radio active dragon eyes. Even the grandis is lot fast grower than the sunny d. May be this has something to do with how old they are in the tank...

Just a slight difference in the orange/red it looks like. While the alien inferno skirts looks shorter and more compact you can see that some of them are just as long as the Sunny Ds. It might just be due to the flow of where both frags sit (take a look at the mohawks in the frame and their short skirt as well) as well as the size/maturity of the frags.

Yes a snail with red coralline, and also pink zipper zoas :)

I’ve had the Alien infernos about 10 months and they are just starting to bud new ones. I started with maybe two sunny D’s 3-6 months ago.

Back