Neptune Aquatics

T5 LED hybrid

Yeh thats what I use on my dt.
Its just too much blue some times lol.
I rememwbr the coral plus were great looks but was worried the growth will not be as good

I've got the 36" hybrid with 2 blue plus, a coral plus, and an actinic. Just ordered a Kessill AP9X to tuck away in the center. I was planning on a few Orphek OR 90 bars down the center but they are 0.15" too long, plus the cord, so they won't look neat without too much DIY.

Mine is a home made jobber, had 6 T5s over it when it was over the 200g tank, but tossing it over the 300g tub I reduced it to 4 T5s, but the LED side upgraded from my homemade ones to Radions g4pros. The move was more for aesthetic reasons though as I wanted everything to fit within my aluminum frame that's hanging over the tub.

That said, currently is 2 UVL super actinic, 1 ATI blue plus and 1 ATI coral plus. Overall it's a fine combo, I had the actinic ones primarily because they were sitting in a closet, but if I were to change I'd probably swap out the atinics for more blue plus then I can use the LEDs to whiten things up to my desire as the white channels currently max at around 24% or whatever the AB+ program is.

Asking folks who use t5+led.
What T5 combo are being used now days?
Care to share?
I run Kessil AP700s with 4 ATI T5s in an Aquatic Life frame.

1 Coral Plus
2 True Actinics
1. Blue Plus

Substituting 1 of the True Acrinics with a Purple Plus is also cool, as it brings out a lot of the reds.

Back