Jestersix

Table saw to Cut 1/4 plexi

Hi, my Trigger systems sump arrived with a small crack and they refunded my money, but won't ship the sump back. I contacted Tap and they suggested cementing a 1/4" piece of plexiglass across the entire front. I just happen to have a bunch provided by Mario.

I need a table saw with the correct blade to trim it to 35 1/2 x 16.

Also suggestions for the proper cement? I really want to use this sump, especially since it's free!!!

Damn you bought a "blemished" tank and they refund your money when it shows up blemished? :D

Got any pictures of the crack? That might help with determining what can/should be done to it. Putting a piece across the entire front seems a bit like overkill repair, however not knowing the extent of the damage I won't say more.

Not sure where you are located, but I have a cabinet saw you can use (I'm in Pleasanton). Also have clamps and other gear for working with acrylic.

Why don’t Just buy a piece from Tap pre-cut to your size and get some liquid glue for plastic sheet. Shouldnt be that expensive. It kind difficult to cut yourself if haven’t done it before. I would do the repair on inside of sump if possible.

I emailed and called Tap and for $54, i get the adhesive and a nice newly cut clean sheet, so that's the route I'm taking. the crack is right across a baffle, so doing it from the inside will be difficult and would cause me to use three pieces as they would abut the baffles. The small crack is horizontal.

I emailed and called Tap and for $54, i get the adhesive and a nice newly cut clean sheet, so that's the route I'm taking. the crack is right across a baffle, so doing it from the inside will be difficult and would cause me to use three pieces as they would abut the baffles. The small crack is horizontal.

Should be able to seal it on both sides using the corner where the baffles meets the front pane. 2 small pieces with Weldon 4 from the inside and maybe 6 or 8 from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Should be able to seal it on both sides using the corner where the baffles meets the front pane. 2 small pieces with Weldon 4 from the inside and maybe 6 or 8 from the outside.
Yeah I'm thinking also use some Weldon 3/4 and let it wick into where the crack is as well. Some part of me thinks this is a relatively easy fix (if you know what you're doing).

Back