High Tide Aquatics

Tang growth rate.. 2 to 3inch in ~1month

newfly

Supporting Member
I got a 2" purple tang at the end of March. 1+ months later, he is at least 3-3.5 inch, He is growing fast!

Hope the growth rate slow down a bit soon. Otherwise he will outgrow the current 4ft tank in no time!

Now you understand the advice you see and some people don’t want to accept. Good job feeding it enough so far.
:) Yeah, i was originally shopping for a kole tang, but for months i cannot get one. Either the crazy asking price, or just not available. Actually ordered from an online vendor that QT the fish. Was only told a few weeks down the road he don't have the fish! 2nd preference is Yellow, that that is hard to get during the initial Hawaii ban as well. Pulled the trigger on the purple as that is my 3rd option.

Excuse to upgrade the tank a couple of years. i hope he will take a couple of years to outgrow the tank!

Good thing is the Purple is the only big fish in the tank. Others will stay small.

1620350714498.gif

First time witness the tang poop. Wow.. literally a poop explosion. I am used to seeing long string like poop. This is like a volcano erupting. I have to google it to ensure it is normal.. and apparently it is. :)

The purple is getting fat. He is obese! I feed mostly hikari seeweed extreme, nori, pe pellets and frozen clams.

Very nice, when my rabbitfish and tangs poop, there is a flakey explosion like you describe. Fiber doesn't get digested, and fish digestive systems are particularly bad, hence why fish poop is so good for corals.

Back