Reef nutrition

Tang not eating greens other than Nori

Our Pacific Sailfin tang won't eat any vegetables but Nori. He does eat meaty foods from food cubes (homemade, mysis, etc). We've tried mixing other seaweeds (kelp and two others) with the food, but even with some garlic, he picks around the greens. We've also tried Romaine, brocolli, and carrot to no avail. (Evidently, brocolli is extremely scary! He won't come out while it's in there.)

We have recently noticed a tiny bit of Head Lateral Line Erosion and we suspect it could be dietary.

Does anyone have suggestions for another nutricious algae to try? (and where to find it)

Thanks!
Greg

They're supposed to like red gracilaria.

If you can't find any at the LFS, you could contact Sam at www.marineflora.com

He's a good guy.

www.reefnutrition.com

Randy and Gresham are great people. They are our club sponsor. Articpod is a great product. All fish love them.

Hehe... vegetarian arctipods?

Oh, okay... I found it.

http://www.reed-mariculture.com/reefnutrition/macrofeast/

RN Macro-feast.

Check with your LFS that carries RN products. They should be able to get you the Macro-feast gracilaria. Support our sponsors and local fish stores! :)

Btw, my Tomini tang LOVES Arctipods. He grew noticeably faster after I started giving him those. People even commented on how big he got all of a sudden.

We'll have to try the fresh arctipods rather than freeze dired cyclopeeze. Gresham's preservation seems more friendly than Cyclop-eeze anyway. We'll also pick up some Macrofeast to try.

Back