Jestersix

Reefer 525

My Red Sea Reefer 525 has been up and running for about 8 months now, have had the corals since February.
Current Coral: 3 Gorgonians, lots of assorted euphyllia, couple zoas, rainbow ricordea, pulsing xenia, GSP, a bunch of montipora, green birds nest, assorted SPS(acropora, anacropora) and a couple leathers

Looking to add a new set of coral in now:)

Currently running neptune apex system with Cor-15, Apex Wav's, Reefoctopus Skimmer, 3 Kessil 360x, and a pentair sterilizer.

About 15 fish right now and running a macro fuge with chaeto, ulva, red ogo, and pom pom

Nitrates - 5
Alk - 8.4
pH - 8.2
Salinity - 34 ppt

Currently Running full triton method so I don't test calc/mag frequently.

Update: Added a lot more corals now, mostly SPS. A bunch of different acro frags, pocillopora, a few stylophora, NPS Gorgonian, large toadstool, favias, gonis, some more euphyllia, and I'm probably forgetting some off the top of my head. Also added a clam and some other inverts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 12.09.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 12.09.47 AM.png
    856.4 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Hm I've been warned about the xenia and gsp taking over by others as well. but as of right now I have them isolated and am keeping a close eye on them... have not seen them spread at all yet.

Hm I've been warned about the xenia and gsp taking over by others as well. but as of right now I have them isolated and am keeping a close eye on them... have not seen them spread at all yet.
You will regret this in the long run. Trust me.
I will go back in your journal and quote this and drop a “told you so” on you in a year or two.
No worries though. We all gotta learn the hard way sometimes.

It is possible to keep GSP isolated, if you put it on a pillar of live rock, with decent gap, and prune it.
It cannot really grow downward into the shade.
As it puts out tendrils, those can be easily pruned.
Done right, it can be a really nice addition to the tank.
Done wrong, it is a total disaster.

IMG_0390.jpg

I’ve never had it but I wouldn’t trust it. Maybe on a separate tank... at a friend’s house... just watching it on videos.

Back