High Tide Aquatics

TGunn's First 37g in the Bay Area

Okay I think the images should load now. I haven't posted direct links from Google Photos yet so I think I did it wrong. It may work now :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I see them on both now...

Jon
Excellent!
For those using Google Photos the trick is to get a shareable link for all the pics you want to post. Then open that link and view each photo in the gallery. Right click and copy the image URL and they should show up.

Hmm so for more rock in my tank I wonder if I should do live rock (E.g. more of what I've got now) or just dead rock. If I had the space to cure it I would do diy.

My fancy montipora cap is STILL just doing nothing. However, the cap frag I got from Geneva's piece used in the fragging seminar is doing alright:
4YlWmvzYZ-ai7rnQ2I_4FfHyT0VgCBkvue3-nsP7oPVw20AeCoV5Yyr626kUPphiv_FwkuJ_HnQQz1uJfCbritr4qbJ3zKGxudZB0wLTl8hI-ccRjwKQyC7ymjukWRORPajXHY6oR-IOyUboc0PSS0Evu7DQSxUcFfUuDI4cmwuTYQzrlsG4Cvnq4Ekjacyy42dZGZK-mlPYTGe2cpMFr4xuxZmciUsHzughKG8Q90kUaNx3l3tk0mVh4AxWWZPqGsig5NIUCspdA_CbPS56DttHZS710dIo-Obk8IcoRCbxQ46zZtQcEwSl3EadKtrJI-lPTLv7GzdBHOUkCYUQt2LE9QaSKFYxS-mUf82WXikq3ojKgQldnAra3gtJfYZXOIskMZ-4sw2RVo9eEMQMxx8j2id6vWB-A70-uRmio_EISgQ7IHqtVRD8yzHw4fXnD3HP9sW5LRUtKzlvMIWehE8ZAw9e094KHzRvBxGIldk8GDSb-eB1P_ZIMmSvFDrSDL0D-ftbob0guvOMsE_orMyuQ5TdG4sPcblh3TvVzZ5d=w1212-h808-no
Ty - did you get that fancy monti cap from Dick? I think I have a piece of that too and it hasn't grown much either but it seems like it is starting to grow vertically!

Ty - did you get that fancy monti cap from Dick? I think I have a piece of that too and it hasn't grown much either but it seems like it is starting to grow vertically!
I actually got that one from Neptune. It's been in there months and is only now growing upwards.

Okay, so its time to think about a new light for my tank. I've got 24 DIY LEDS on my tank right now (50/50 royal blue and cool white)... Although they generally work, I really need to dim down the whites to get the 14-20k color temp I'm looking for. The fixture I'm using was also build for a 10g nano I had in the past, so its nowhere near wide enough to cover my tank at the moment.

The viewable portion of my tank is:
24" wide x 11" deep x 20" tall
The full tank is 18" deep, but the back 7" is taken up by the integrated sump.

I'm tempted to get a Kessil 360 for the tank, but I'm not sure if my whacky dimensions are going to cause problems. Thoughts?

Oie. I sure wish I had a deeper tank. A 24" wide x 24" deep x 20" tall tank with a ghost overflow would suit me well.

Okay, so its time to think about a new light for my tank. I've got 24 DIY LEDS on my tank right now (50/50 royal blue and cool white)... Although they generally work, I really need to dim down the whites to get the 14-20k color temp I'm looking for. The fixture I'm using was also build for a 10g nano I had in the past, so its nowhere near wide enough to cover my tank at the moment.

The viewable portion of my tank is:
24" wide x 11" deep x 20" tall
The full tank is 18" deep, but the back 7" is taken up by the integrated sump.

I'm tempted to get a Kessil 360 for the tank, but I'm not sure if my whacky dimensions are going to cause problems. Thoughts?

Oie. I sure wish I had a deeper tank. A 24" wide x 24" deep x 20" tall tank with a ghost overflow would suit me well.

If you get the wide-lense 350/360 that should be fine. The spread is about 24" across.

If you get the wide-lense 350/360 that should be fine. The spread is about 24" across.
I suspect it will be more than ample lighting.

Although I dunno if I want more light; the chalice frag Geneva gave me will likely just take over the entire tank then!

The kessil 360WE should cover the tank just fine. I run two kessil 360we's on my 40 gallon breeder.

If you want automated color/intensity control you could get the Kessil Controller for around 100$. I have it currently and I'm happy with it.

I'm thinking a wide Kessil will do the trick. I don't know if I'm too worried about the automation at this point. Just improving my light will be nice.

I decided I'd also order an rw8 for the tank. I'd like to try the wider flow pattern out and am hoping it will have enough oomph the get a standing wave going in the tank.

Wow that thing is pushing water! Look at that water sloshing back and forth.

I made put my overflow box in too high for my tank. Sloshing like that would make me run out of water lol

Wow that thing is pushing water! Look at that water sloshing back and forth.

I made put my overflow box in too high for my tank. Sloshing like that would make me run out of water lol

I'm fortunate that the divider to the sump in the back part of the tank is pretty low, so worse case it'll slosh over there. I'm probably going to tone it down a bit. I think the sloshing is almost to much. Haha.

Back