Jestersix

The latest marine depot vid (6 ways to protect your aquarium) has got me worried

Specifically the part when he mentions keeping the fishies away from loud noises.. my heart sunk when he mentioned trains [emoji33]. We live right by a train track, and though it doesn't bother us (or maybe we're just used to it) I wonder if it would be enough to stress out my future fishies. [emoji853] Anyone know where to buy ear muffs for fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've always kind of low-level worried about that too, my tank is in my family room, near one of my back corner surround speakers. We don't watch much TV but it can get loud with sudden noises depending on what's being watched. I've never noticed a specific problem, but other than seeing a fish jump out with a gunshot on a movie I wouldn't know what to look for. And I think you'd need lateral-line-muffs :)

Hmm. I'd be more worried about my kids tapping on the glass than ambient sound. I wonder if by loud they mean noise that causes the fish to dart.

When I go snorkeling, it seems noisy. Parrot fish chomping coral, waves, boats, etc.
So the fish should be used to a fair bit of ambient noise.

When I swim in the pool underwater, you have real trouble hearing someone yelling from the deck.
So not all room noise really gets into the tank.

So I am not so worried about that.

Yeah I've always kind of low-level worried about that too, my tank is in my family room, near one of my back corner surround speakers. We don't watch much TV but it can get loud with sudden noises depending on what's being watched. I've never noticed a specific problem, but other than seeing a fish jump out with a gunshot on a movie I wouldn't know what to look for. And I think you'd need lateral-line-muffs :)

Watch marine depot have lateral line muffs for fish on sale next week. This is one big ploy to sell fish muffs. [emoji23]

Maybe he's just letting you know not to put your subwoofer in your stand under your tank.

Maybe I should put a subwoofer under my tank and bump NWA all day to help them ignore the train noise.. or at the very least, give them some street cred.

Back