The Long Awaited Elos 120

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by iCon, Mar 17, 2014.

1. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Or else this might happen...

photo(1).JPG photo.JPG

neuro likes this.
  2. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Tank had been in storage for a few years and resurfaced after some remodel work. Was sitting there nice and dry as decoration until someone meddled in its affairs!

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

haha, been there a couple times *working away, feeling the aches and pains* FINISHED! Wait what its' 3AM? BTW love that shirt :D

4. gimmito

gimmito Guest

Well it's about time! Looking good C....I like the rock work. ;)

5. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Hey, you're much farther than I am with my Elos. I'm pretty convinced you'll beat me, haha.

By the way, is that a brand new Elos?

6. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Yes. It is quite an awesome shirt. Best Valentine's Day gift ever! That's how I knew she was a keeper! (yeah, yeah, I knew well before that!)

7. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Thanks good sir. Ended up being the perfect amount plus 50lbs of marco rocks. All said, I hear tons of whining about algae blooms, etc. so I'm a little concerned considering I've never truly cycled a tank. I power washed all of the rock several times so hopefully that helps a little bit. Might go fish only for a while...Like someone I know!

gimmito likes this.
  8. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Hah! Wasn't yours a turnkey system!? Define 'beat'. I also don't have 3,000 gallons of water in my place like some people... :D

Technically, the tank is not 'brand new' but it could definitely pass as such...Everything is immaculate. Little rust on the hinge screws but I replaced those.

Not sure if I'm going to use the Elos skimmer or not. Not a fan of them at all but they seem to work and they fit/make the sump work perfectly. Which skimmer do you have?

gimmito likes this.
  9. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

New tanks = New toys...
    One or both will be joining two AI Sols.

photo.JPG

10. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Exciting!!!!
    I can help you stock up :)

iCon likes this.
  11. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Should I bring a cooler to AT&T next Tuesday? ;) I'll let you know when the tank's ready.

12. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Fill it with beers and see if you can sneak it in :)

13. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I have the SRO XP2000 with a cracked collection cup. It cracked during transport. I still need to get the replacement cup. :(

14. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Meet me over at the arcade and I'll toss it up to you!

15. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Repairable? Unless you can get a replacement cup cheap - Acrylic cement is pretty strong!

16. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Yeah, it's repairable... it's just too unsightly to me, haha.

17. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

Turn the crack to the back. Then all you have to do is forget about it! :D

denzil likes this.
  18. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

It's in the sump lol..Who cares! I'd bet you can repair it well enough to be presentable...Unless the collection cup completely exploded...?

19. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

I felt like a little kid at Christmas when I turned the lights on.

Pic is AI only, no Kessil. I have pictures of AI only and Kessil only but none with both..Weird!

Tank could get by with 2 AI. From what I've seen, it'd probably need 3 Kessils.

photo.JPG photo(1).JPG

20. Spoon

Spoon Guest

Okay. So what happened here?

:D