Our mission

This is what I want!

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
Some of you know Robert B. in Elk Grove. I ran down there this morning to grab some corals and snapped a picture of his new tank. I thought we could all drool together.......

450ish gallons. 26" tall rimless by CDA.

IMG_0095.jpg

Never met him in person, but seen plenty of his posts. That perspective makes it look massive. Stick some MP60s in there for some jacuzzi action.

That would be a little over 500 gallons.
I can do math. Maybe the 450 gal was a realistic figure of how much water he'd get in it. My "225" only held 200 gal for example. I know most people call it a 225 anyways, but why the f do we measure the outside dimensions when talking about how much volume a tank will hold?

I can do math. Maybe the 450 gal was a realistic figure of how much water he'd get in it. My "225" only held 200 gal for example. I know most people call it a 225 anyways, but why the f do we measure the outside dimensions when talking about how much volume a tank will hold?
I know right? I think it’s more for marketing since you get just a little higher number. Plus, their “rounding” can be quite generous some times.

That looks super nice... however the Official Yelp Reviewer™ in me see a rimless tank that tall as a bit of a "waste", I mean the tank on the stand looks taller than him.

But yeah, throw a ton of powerheads along the back wall you can get some really fun flow in there.

I have often wondered if rimless is all that great on large tanks.
1) Thicker glass needed.
2) Waves can get big, and spill rather badly.
3) Tank is so big that a small brace is not really distracting.
A stainless brace, or even 3" glass Eurobrace or so still gives you fairly full access, and reduces those issues.

Back