Neptune Aquatics

To bad we missed it, anyone want to go halves next time?

I read that they have spawned relatively easily in captivity. I wasn't involved in the hobby when the selective breeding programs first produced the Platinums and such, about how long before the price on this comes down to reasonable levels (I might consider it even at $500-$750 each)?

h20player101 said:
I read that they have spawned relatively easily in captivity. I wasn't involved in the hobby when the selective breeding programs first produced the Platinums and such, about how long before the price on this comes down to reasonable levels (I might consider it even at $500-$750 each)?

Unless it went to a big time breeder with a very large hatchery, it's gonna be years until any decent numbers are produced, if any at all. It may not breed true, and with out a mate with odd markings, it's even less likely. ORA was able to do the platinum as they produce massive amounts of clown fish, as does C-Quest who did the Wyoming whites.

Remember those weird incredibly expensive freshwater fish at (ex) Tropical Paradise? The "lucky money" Chinese fish or something?

That's amazingly expensive, but I guess some people just have either an incredible amount of disposable income, an incredible obsession, or some kind of business plan/get rich quick idea.

But then again, I never thought I'd buy a $30 fish either, after decades of buying $1.49 neons.

V

Flower Horn is the fish name you are seeking. Damn ugly fish IMO.

Slightly confused, is this a morph or distinct coloration? I have been perusing the internet for info, and I have seen 3 different fish (at least the markings look distinctly different).

Given only two have been captured and they look slightly similiar, I don't think anyone can tell you what it is. I suspect it's just a mutant :lol: Regardless of the color, it's a mean Maroon clown. You couldn't pay me to put it in my tank.

GreshamH said:
Given only two have been captured and they look slightly similiar, I don't think anyone can tell you what it is. I suspect it's just a mutant :lol: Regardless of the color, it's a mean Maroon clown. You couldn't pay me to put it in my tank.

Same opinion here, but damn the coloration was sick.

h20player101 said:
Here's the chance....

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/04/01/lightning-maroon-clownfish-collected-seasmart-program/

I highly suspect it's an April fools. Guin lives in Golden, CO and couldn't take the pic, so why would she get photo credit. And as Ret alluded to, our morning isn't there morning.

This is one of those days where I simply don't visit any of the informative blog-news sites out there. Used to piss me off that they'd waste an issue of Reefkeeping as well, but that's completely gone in the poopoo so no big deal there.

And here I was going to try the honey. Figured if I used the blueberry honey sticks, I might get morphs, blueberry acro. Just think, watermelon honey, peach honey, all those great flavors creating unbelievable corals...oh well, I guess I just have to eat it then...

I failed on mine for the RB post so this is what we are getting :lol:

mine blew all those away :p Still time :lol:

GreshamH said:
I failed on mine for the RB post so this is what we are getting :lol:

mine blew all those away :p Still time :lol:

RN's new fancy feast made from the eggs and macerated ovarian tissue from Lightning-maroon clowns!!

We can't use Fancy Feast, that is actually within the same category of Trademarks as us :lol;

Back